64. The Start Of The Game

Samrat's personal chamber.... Late afternoon

"You wanted to see me?" Kushumv frowned as he sat down on the chair. Though the person sitting infront of him was the ruler of the nation but he was more comfortable without the royal formalities while in private.

Manik looked up, "why do I feel disappointment in your voice?"

"I haven't slept properly, I thought I could get some peace until your guard appeared at my door again. So what's the problem again? Your wife is fine now isn't it? Kushumv said yawning.

Manik frowned, "I know that. Just because she is fine it doesn't mean this matter is closed. The real culprit is still hanging around freely" 

"I have been seeing you are too kind to her. Was she really that good?" Kushumv asked, "I am still amazed about the Lynx thing and want to know how a fragile woman like her able to tame a ferocious animal. I would like to meet the Samragyi again. I guess it will be a great meeting"

Manik looked at him, humph, she could be anything but fragile. He threw a hard look on him, "you are interested in my wife? Are you becoming greedy because you are famous in the capital? At such high point of your success do you really don't want to dragged down with a scandal?"

Kushumv gulped down hardly. Is he angry now? He thought to himself. Manik is a kind of person who would do things he says no matter what. Looks like his excitement has gone wrong and triggered the bad side of the person sitting infront of him. So he tried to change the topic. It would be better not to talk about it.

Kushumv tapped the table, "so you are desperate to find the sinner?"  He revealed a strange smile,he couldn't help but put a few words of teasing, "to be honest the more I see you, the more I am getting amazed  by your behaviour. Since when you changed so much? It's quite surprising"

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Manik frowned, "looks like less sleep has taken bad affect in your body"

Kushumv smirked at his words, "nonsense?" Tilting his head he threw an intense stare at his friend, "are you sure I am speaking some nonsense when we both know the truth reality?"

"Let's focus on the important matter" Manik said without any change in expression.

"You still want to be ignorant?" Kushumv laughed, "changing topic won't help you Samrat. You know that too well. Since my eyes has seen things I guess I need a little research to prove"

Manik pursed his lips. This man can be persuasive and he knows it well. He was tolerating his nonsense because Kushumv was his long term friend. But sometimes this man really push the boundary testing his patience, forcing him to break the wall.

"Are you done with your nonsense or want me really throw you out?"

"What kind of treatment was that? Don't forget I am not only your friend but of course a well-known vaidya of the nation who achieved numerous awards in the field of medicine" Kushumv was hurried to reply.

"And don't forget that I am the Samrat" Manik smirked at him.

Kushumv's lips twitched in irritation, "is this how you treat your guests?" Of course he knows no matter how many achievements he has and how much reputation he built for himself in the society at the end it's not comparable to the mighty king who is ruling the land he was living.

"No, this special treatment is reserved for you"

Kushumv fisted his hand and gave a tight smile, "you......" He sighed, "fine, I am tolerating just because you helped me many times. Humph"

"Good, now shall we discuss the import matter that was pushed behind?" Manik nodded in satisfaction. This man knows how to go into his nerves yet he knows exactly how to cure it.