33. Teasing Her In The Bath

"There, a little lower"

"At the side on the left"

"You are not getting the point. A little up on the right"

Nandini sighed as she looked at the person who was ordering her like she was his appointed sevika. She glared at his back hardly feeling extreme irritation.

"What happened? Why your hands aren't moving?" Manik leaned back. She was sitting behind him to wash his back so him leaning back means closing the space between them.

Nandini bite back her hateful retort and said, "I guess Samrat won't be satisfied with my serving, shall I command someone who is more experienced in this?"

"You are my wife, you should help me why bother others for this? Besides do you desire to push other woman to serve me?" Manik smiled as he asked. These days irritating her becoming his habit of enjoyment. Her anger gives him pleasure.

"Samrat do you want to say that it's my wifely duty?" Nandini gritted her teeth. This man is making her a servant. How dare he?

"Isn't it? Taking care of husband is what a wife should do. You have to care about all my needs, whether it's  about bath or about..." He paused not continuing anymore.

Nandini rolled her eyes, "the bargaining didn't reach such level Samrat, I hope you wouldn't forget it" she started to rub his back with the scented oil again. Then she would rinse with water.

"It's changeable dear wife, anytime, anywhere" her hand paused when she heard the reply. Changeable? What does he want to say? Suddenly her heart skipped a beat. She don't know why but his words triggered something in her . Like a pang of blow in her heart.

"Are you going back to your own words Samrat?" She asked.

This time Manik turned around looking at her. She stared at him in confusion. When he stared at her, he could clearly see the uncertainty in her eyes. He never thought he would say such thing one day. Of course it's not because this woman posses the national beauty. To be honest the Kunwaries in the ShtriMahal has more beauty than her but everytime beauty couldn't be defined by the outer look of the person. Sometimes beauty has deeper meaning.

The woman infront of him was the one who came to kill her. She was an assassin that he captured. After staying with her under the same roof and observing her for days he found her more interesting. She may look simple on surface but he knows it better than anyone what she can do. And he won't be letting her go when he caught her once. For him which interest him will be his no matter what.

"I make rules here wife, and I think you have known it by now" he replied tactfully.

Cheater! Nandini's mind screamed. He is cheating her. She just meant to handle the ShtriMahal in order to get the antidote. But now his mind changed and he is placing the new rules. She really couldn't understand this man.

"Samrat you are—" she was about to say something when Ishal called from outside.

"Prizzi, the imperial vaidya is here"

"Vaidya?" Nandini frowned. The Vaidya left not long ago. Why did he came again? She turned to look at Manik who was still looking at her. "Samrat please help yourself, I will check outside" she said and about to get up when Manik took hold of her wrist suddenly and pulled her harshly towards him. Nandini squealed and lost her balance before she fell in the water.

Water splashed around the huge tub. Nandini was almost chocked in the water because of the sudden pull. She quickly stabilised herself and glared at the man infront of her. She was drenching in water because of him. Now she was sitting in the tub with him.