58. Shanti's Interfere

Late night, Rajrani Mahal...

The sobbing sound echoed in the room. It was already late and two plate of food were still untouched on the table. On the chair was sitting Shanti who was looking at the sobbing figure. Seeing her niece like this she couldn't help but frown. When she was about to have meal Sambhara appeared unannounced then started to cry without any words. She tried to ask the reason but the other party was engaged in crying without any reply. Though she ordered to prepare another meal for Sambhara but till now both plate of meal were untouched on the table and cooled down a long ago.

"Sambhara would you tell me what exactly happened? If you are planning to keep crying like this without any explanation then you should return to your palace first. I couldn't help you with anything" Shanti's cold voice fell and the sobbing immediately stopped.

Sambhara turned around looking at Shanti with grief and pain, "Buashree now you are also going to leave me alone? On the other hand those people are planning to drag me down and even succeeded in doing so" her tears were still falling giving her the look of pitiful.

Shanti sighed, "if you need my help you need to stop your cry and explain the things first. Crying like that won't solve your problem"

Sambhara immediately obeyed this time. She wiped her face and hold back her tears. "Today I was so humiliated Buashree. I thought after Samrat returns back I will find a chance to meet him but Samragyi has blocked everything. Maya and I were assigned to the responsibility yet Samragyi rewarded her greatly yet she suppressed me with some gifts. Buashree this is so unfair. I am also a Kunwari and I also have the right to meet Samrat. Just because Samragyi has power in hand it doesn't mean she could do anything she wants" she complained in one breath.

"What did she do?" Shanti asked.

"Samragyi said she has invited Samrat for dinner tomorrow and asked Maya to help her out as a reward of performing her duty but she asked to send few gifts to me. Why got all the chance but not me. And that bitch also mocked me" Sambhara replied. "Buashree, I can't take all these anymore. That Maya is becoming more and more arrogant. And now I feel like Samragyi is also helping her. What if Samrat get fascinated by Maya?"

"Hmmm....? Maya was invited?"

Sambhara nodded, "yes, I have worked so hard to get the chance to meet Samrat. But now Maya is rewarded yet I have to satisfy myself with some gifts" she quickly moved towards Shanti and hold her hand, "Buashree, of this goes on then how I am going to survive in this palace. In one hand, my position and title is not regarded as official one and if I couldn't get Samrat's favour then I could only die at the end"

"As long as I am here nothing will happen like that. For now you need to keep your posture good and since Samragyi gifted you then you shouldn't refuse it. Even if you are dissatisfied you should smile and accept it on surface. As for Maya I will handle her. Looks like she become too arrogant because her father holds a strong position in the court" Shanti said.

"What about Samragyi?" Sambhara asked, "Buashree even if you can handle Maya but can you supress Samragyi too? Before her weren't you who used to handle ShtriMahal?"

Shanti shook her head, "no, earlier it was Saumali  who handled the matter of ShtriMahal. Later after her death though my husband took the throne but before any settlement he made Manik the Samrat and the responsibility of ShtriMahal was given to Kashmira" she explained. "But this is not your concern. Even if I don't have the ShtriMahal seal in my hand, Samragyi couldn't do as please. I am still the Rajrani of Gangghor and she have to respect me"

"Buashree what are you thinking?" Sambhara asked.

Shanti smiled, "tomorrow you..." She leaned and whispered something in her ear.