26. Leaving Together

Next day as planned Sambhara and Maya appeared in the inner hall. Nandini has just finished her first meal when she saw the two figure walking in following Isha. She looked at them then wiped her hand. Purna cleared the utensils and walked back in the room. Isha stood at side and informed Nandini about the arrival of the two Kunwaries.

"How are you feeling Maya?" Nandini asked looking at the woman.

"I am fine, thank you" Maya replied politely.

"I hope the medicine working on your wounds properly. Samrat is kind of disheartened when he heard about your condition "

When those words fell both Maya and Sambhara was startled. One was happy that Samrat is concerned and other one's heart was burning in jealousy. Sambhara tightly clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. She had to endure silently without any choice.

"Samrat is concerned?" Maya who couldn't sense the jealousy of the woman standing next to her and asked in trembling voice.

Nandini heaved a sigh, "why not? Afterall you are the Kunwari of ShtriMahal. Whether you have official or unofficial title you are still related to the royalty and regarded as one of his wives. He would definitely show the concern. If something really happens to you, then wouldn't it shame him being unable to take care of you" she said with such an expression that made the both woman unable to think otherwise.

Why should Samrat concern about Maya and not her? Sambhara's mind screamed. I have done a good performance in the banquet yet he thinks about this bitch who couldn't even handle her task and not her? This though has a unsettled position in her heart. She bit her lips as she thought failing to notice someone who was clearly observing her reaction.

Samrat is concerned for me. Maya thought happily. At least her pain worth it. It was able to grab his attention.

Both of them were thinking differently while Nandini stared at them with a smile. As expected this two though has smartness in them but when it comes to that devil of a man they behave like a fool. A lovesick two foolish woman who lives in the world of their own creation. But this is not the reason why she called them here.

"Well, I have something to ask you two" Nandini said breaking their thoughts. "Samrat and I have to leave for few days for some matter. Which means I won't be handling the ShtriMahal. Buashree would take the charge again till I return back but her heath is not good to handle this vast responsibility. I need you two to help me in this matter"

"We..?" Sambhara uttered. Did she heard right? Samragyi was asking them to handle the works of ShtriMahal?

"Why not? You both are from the aristocratic family and noble daughters. I believe you two can land some helping hand when I am away. All you have to do is take care of the other kunwaries and yourselves. To make sure there's no trouble in the palace"

Maya pursed her lips. She has been thinking how to take revenge of her plan but with Samragyi's words she couldn't make any move now. If she is too desperate for revenge then she would lose in the end. But looking at Sambhara's good figure she couldn't also help but feel anger.

"What? You two couldn't even help me in this matter now? " Nandini asked raising her voice a little seeing their silence.

"We will" Sambhara and Maya replied simultaneously.

"Good, make sure the peace of ShtriMahal should remain the same as it is now. If I hear there's any trouble when I am away then you two have to take the responsibility. Now that Samrat has started to show some affection, I couldn't say the same if anything happens later" Nandini said as she got up startling Sambhara and Maya.