Chapter Sixty-Two: As the World Falls Down

A/N: Hey, everybody! Here's the new chapter for you all! After I post this, I'll be going on a three-week hiatus while my husband is home on leave. But I'll work on the next drop when I have spare time, though there's no guarantees. Besides, there's only ONE chapter left (EEK!), and the epilogue. And then the Into the Fire ship will finally sail off into the night for good. -hippie <3

Description: The day has finally come, you and Eddie are getting married! It's the most joyous day of your life, setting the stage for a lifetime of love and companionship with the man of your dreams...

Warnings: swearing, mention of anxiety, crying, fluff, smut, oral sex, fingering, masturbation, dirty talk, praise/degradation, sexual activities in public

Chapter Sixty-Two: As the World Falls Down

"Morning, sugarpuff! Are you excited for your big day?" Mom asks softly as she gently shakes you awake in your bed. You'd stayed the night in your childhood home, along with your bridesmaids, to be able to get ready away from the boys. Last night was a bit of a blur, consisting of lots of last-minute preparation. You also did a couple trial runs of the ceremony at the venue of your choice, making sure everything will go smoothly this afternoon.

"Yeah, Mom. What time is it?" You reply groggily, rubbing your eyes. You sit up in bed, looking over at the clock. 9am, and the wedding is at noon. "Hey, Rob. Time to get up. We gotta eat and start getting ready." You nudge your maid of honor, who's currently drooling into her pillow on the other side of your bed. She groans, rolling over to turn away from you. "Robin, c'mon." You grab her shoulders, shaking her a bit more firmly. 

"I'm up, I'm up. Jeez." Robin grumbles, not one for early mornings. She looks up at you with squinted eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the morning light pouring through the window. "Morning, bride to be." She smiles once she registers that it's you waking her up, and not her parents. 

"Morning, Rob." You smile back, the joy of what today will bring slowly starts to hit you. 

"Breakfast is waiting, girls. I made muffins, and bacon and eggs. You're gonna need all the energy you can get." Mom says, leaving you two alone to retrieve Nancy from Dustin's room. 

You make a quick stop in the bathroom before joining the other women in the kitchen. A steaming plate of food is waiting for you at the dining table, a large glass of orange juice sat beside it. Robin, Nancy, Erica, and Mom sit around the table with you, the five of you eating quietly. There isn't much to say since you all had a bit of a sleepover last night. Your focus today is putting on your dresses, and getting your hair and makeup all set to go. The silence is content, without weight. Besides, you're all still kind of waking up from the long sleep you had. You're surprised you were able to rest at all, given your insides buzzing with excitement, and Robin kicking in her sleep. 

You don't linger on your meal, anxious to start getting ready. You still have to steam the dresses so they're pristine and perfect. Your wedding gown in particular is going to be rather time consuming, as Angie managed to pull off something very special for you. One of her friends in Chicago happens to be an expert seamstress, and she was able to recreate Sarah's ballgown from Labyrinth to near complete screen-accuracy. It's been said before that it's one of your favorite films, as well as Eddie's. Of course, this means he will be wearing a replica of Jareth the Goblin King's outfit from the same scene. It's a dream come true, for two massive nerds like yourselves. You pore over your gown on its silk hanger, admiring the pearlescent fabric, puff sleeves, and intricate beading and lace. You can't wait to see yourself in it. Sure, there's been a couple try-ons for any alterations, but this time is the real thing.