Prologue: The Beginning

"Dammit Jessica!" Director Janson screamed.

He came storming into the room I was sitting in. I had one of my knives out, picking at something under her nails. My boots were propped up on the table. I knew it pissed him off, which is why I did it. I smirked when his eye twitched when he saw my feet propped up, making a muddy mess.

"What can I do for you Janson?" I asked lazily.

I didn't bother looking at him. I finally got the mud from under my nails. Now I just watched my fingers spin the little knife.

Janson stomped up to the metal table and slammed the manilla folder full of papers onto the table. I flicked my eyes up to look at him, looking at him lazily. I raised an eyebrow, he glared at me. I snorted and rolled my eyes. Whatever he was pissed off about now it was probably my fault. But what exactly it was who knows.

Before Janson could say anything else the door behind him opened. A woman walked in, her stern cold eyes looked me dead in the eye and I felt her eyes pierce my soul. I felt a slight quiver in my cocky additude. Slowly I took my feet off the table.

I knew who she was. Everyone knew who she was. This was Ava Paige, the Chancellor of WICKED.

What's she doing here?

My feet hit the cold cement floor, I stay slouched in my seat, but my arms crossed, jaw clenched, and glared.

"Chancellor Paige." Janson bowed his head, a greasy smile on his twitchy face.

"Janson." She said. Her voice was as cold as her eyes. "I would like a word with Subject B4 please."

"But-"

"I will call you back when we are done." She dismissed Janson. Janson huffed but left the room. Ava Paige pulled out the chair across from mine and sat down. She folded her hands ontop of the table.

I didn't say anything. Chewing the inside of my cheek trying to figure out what she wanted. Why would the Chancellor interupt a disciplinary meeting between Janson and one of his agents?

"Jessica, is it?" She asked curtly.

"Jessie actually."

She just hummed, her eyes travelled over me, I felt her aragence and judgment. It grated on my nerves, but I said nothing, waiting for Her Majesty to tell me why she was here.

"You records are quite impressive."

I just shrugged. I do my job, do it well and they leave me alone. Sort of....if only they left me alone. I was never alone. Ever. Always that voice whispering in my head.

"You're last mission..." She trailed off, clearly waiting for me to say something.

"What about it?"

"You were supposed to take care of the problem."

"And? What's the problem?"

"There was no clear indication that the problem was...taken care of."

"He no longer works here. Isn't that indication enough?"

I knew what she was asking, what she was getting at. But no way would I give him up
He was one target I couldn't dispose of. No matter how much they insisted or tortured me, I fought the mind control. I would never tell them I let him go. He was family, he got caught and I was supposed to take care of the problem, make any and all problems disappear.

I had done their dirty work for three full years. I had got my hands bloody for them. I had given up my innocence, all for their version of the greater good. I was forced into this position as a child, I wasn't exactly loyal to them...it was a forced contract. If I was disobedient they would reset my mind. It's only happened twice, but both times it hurt like a mother shucken Griever. I knew how far to push.