Chapter 53: Bonfire Fight Night

We all sat around the fire again. It was a little sooner then we normally have, but Newt said Greenie was awake, and that means Bonfire night. The guys weren't complaining. Gally pulled out his moonshine, Frypan had his barbeque out. 

I was sitting between Minho and Winston. Chuck and Thomas were asking Teresa rapid fire questions, which she was answering with ease, but slight confusion. 

"Guys, would you slim it? You're going to make her head explode." I rolled my eyes. 

"But it's so weird, you two are like the same! And your sure your not twins?"  Chuck asked.

"Well, I have no memories." Teresa pointed out, "so maybe? But I doubt it."

"But like you both have strong opinions on everything! Like someone ask them a question absolutely no one would have an opinion on!" Thomas said, frowning. 

Newt rubbed his chin, then looked up at us, "What's the worst multiple of 4?"

"12." We said together. And glanced at each other with matching smirks.

"What a stupid question." I rolled my eyes. I reached across Minho and high fived Teresa.  

"It's like they share one mind!" Chuck marveled.

"And were still smarter than all of you!" I shrugged finishing a jar of moonshine.

"Girls rule. Boys drool." Teresa agreed. She was eyeing the jar suspiciously. "What is this?"

"Moonshine." Minho said, he raised the jar and finished his jar. 

"Yeah, I gathered that much...but it looks like pee." She wrinkled her nose, "And it smells awful."

"Well its the only thing that warms this black heart."

"What heart?" Winston asked.

"Touché shank." I got up, "I need another one." 

"Grab me one!" Minho called. I raised a thumbs up into the air. "Thanks Babe!" I flipped him off as I kept walking, "Love you too!" He yelled back.

I slid up to the table. Gally narrowed his eyes at me. I gave him a blank stare. 

"What?" He snapped. 

"Just getting another drink."

"So, you're a Thomas lover now are you?" He growled, crossing his arms. 

"Look here shuckface," I pointed a finger at him, "the rules aside, you weren't out in the maze that night, you have zero clue. It was life and death, and yeah he's an idiot. But it was his idea to use the vines."  

He went to protest, but I held a hand up. 

"Just listen. I don't doubt you saw him. Sure, he was in your memories. But...what does it actually mean? Did you actually SEE him doing anything suspicious in your memories? You already told me nothing was a full memory, just bits and pieces. So...what if it's not really what happened? Or...like we said before, what if it's the the Creators messing with you?" 

Gally growled and crossed his arms. 

"Look, Gally. Don't trust him, fine. You never trusted me either-"

"I started to."

"What changed?" 

"You were on Thomas's side." 

"I'm on no ones SIDE, Gally. We're all here squished into this wonderful hell hole. We can't turn on people. We're in this together." I froze, and then shuddered, "I've been hanging out with Newt too much. As if I just said that."