Chapter 36: Bloody Hell

The next two days I spent in the Bloodhouse  with Winston. This was my last day, I had caved and listened to Minho when he begged me to get checked by Jeff before clearing myself. Jeff thought a few more days...we compromised at one more day. 

I stood at the butcher table with Winston, my face beat about as red at the meat I was chopping. Winston was giggling uncontrollably, he was doing some kind of happy dance, fist pumping the air.

"And you wonder why I never talk about my personal life." I muttered. 

"Oh come on JayJay. Get over yourself." He giggled. 

He stopped doing his little dance and took a few deep breaths. Watching his little dance did make the corner of my mouth twitch. But still, He had bugged me all day yesterday. He claimed he knew something was different between Minho and me, but I had kept quiet. I was still riding that emotional high, but we still kept our stand offish appearances, I still didn't like people or crowds. As soon as that bedroom door opens we are different people. Behind the door I felt okay to take off my mask and relax. But Winston had worn me down, so now after lunch he finally broke me. 

"Come on, this is huge!" 

I snorted, "Is that what she said?" 

Winston stopped mid chop and gave me a twisted smile, "I dunno know JayJay.... is that what you said?"

I rolled my eyes. And shook my head. Winston burst out in giggles again. 

"Okay...okay..." He took a few more deep breaths. "Tell me. What happened...how'd it happen? It's girl talk again!" 

There was a knock on the barn door and Newt poked his head in, "I heard girl talk!"

"Is there like some weird fifth scenes that only works if your gay and as soon as one of you says girl talk everyone in the area gets tingly and shows up?" 

"Yes." Newt nodded. He stepped inside and closed the door, and sauntered over, sitting down on the stool, he crossed his legs and looked at me pointedly. "Continue."  He waved a hand like he was encouraging me to go on.

I frowned. Winston was vibrating with excitement. 

"They did it! They crossed THAT line!" Winston burst out. 

I threw my hands into the air and made a loud exasperated noise.  These boys seriously were worse then the girls in my maze. Newt straightened up with a huge smile. 

"I knew something was different!" 

"Seriously?" I cried,  "This another thing, another weird sixth scenes, only you two have?"  

"Yes." They said in unison. I rolled my eyes again. 

"JayJay was just about to give me details!" Winston buzzed. Newt leaned closer, his eyes glued to me. 

"Was not." I protested. 

"Was too." 

"Not." 

"Yep."

"No."

"When?"

"Two nights ago." 

"Ha!" Winston cheered.

"Dammit!" I cursed and threw my clever onto the table.

"Now...what happened?"

"I don't wanna say." I mumbled, as I looked away. 

"Why not Love?" 

"...it's...it's dumb." 

"Is not." Winston protested, "It was not dumb, because it obviously meant something to you because it lead to cross a line you were terrified to cross."