Chapter 62: Two Cylinders

Minho, Thomas Teresa, Jason and I stood ready by the wall, waiting for it to open. I had one of the Griever heart cylinders and Minho had the other. We still had a few minutes before the door opened. I was tossing a knife into the air and catching it.

"Hey, Jessie. Thomas? Teresa?"

I turned around and saw Alby and Newt walking towards us. I slid my knife back into my holster. I stood up straight and saluted Alby.

"Good to see you up Admiral." I smirked at him as he rolled his eyes.

"Clearly you haven't changed."

"Would you like a hug instead?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and crossing my arms.

"Shuck no."

"Good. Now what can we do ya for, Admiral?"

"I want a word with you three."

"What ever it was I didn't do it!" Thomas said immidiatly, throwing his hands in the air.

"It was probably me." A twisted smile formed on my face.

"I probably helped." Minho smirked.

Newt snorted and pressed his lips together.

"Yep! It was all Jessie!" Thomas was nodding.

"Tom? You got a guilty conscience? Something you wanna tell us?" Teresa asked, her voice was sweet.

"Ya, Tommy!" I emphasized his nickname. "Anything you wanna tell us?" I looked over at Newt and raised an eyebrow. The two of them both had pink cheeks and were avoiding eye contact. I grinned even more evilly. "Newt? Any kinda confessions you wanna get off your chest?"

"No." He snapped, crossing his arms tight, deliberately looking the opposite direction of someone.

"Not what Winnie told me..."

"What? Gossip and you never told me?" Minho gasped, holding his chest.

Newt went to open his mouth but Alby waved a hand with a scowl on his face

"Enough! Newt, Minho?  I gotta talk to them." Alby demanded.

"I'll tell you later." I winked at Minho.

Alby just rolled his eyes with a grunt of annoyance. He looked back and forth between the three of us for a moment. He did look so much better than when I last saw him, which was when he was still tied down on the bed. I didn't see him wake up, but the few times I did see him in the Med room.... His skin was back to full color, his veins weren't swollen and black; he seemed to have gained fifteen pounds in twenty-four hours.

Alby glanced at Thomas, and frowned, who was staring at Alby.

"Shuck it, boy, what you lookin' at?"

Thomas shook his head slightly, blinking a few times.

"What...? Nothing. Just seems crazy you healed so quickly. You're fine now? I heard it takes a while... Wasn't Jessie out for what a week?"

I nodded, "but that was my second time round. It hit me harder "

Alby flexed his right bicep. "Ain't never been better. Jeff says the Grief serum was a different colour. Must be a different antidote. Faster working an' whatever."

I watched him closely, he still seemed a little sweaty and I saw a slight tremor in his hand.

"Lier." I said flatly, and pointed at him.

Alby's eyes flicked and I saw him sag.

"You're right Jessie, nothin' but a lie. I feel like a piece of klunk twice crapped by a Griever."