Chapter 8: Sass

"Newt!" I screamed.

Anger bubbled to the surface, if it was anyone else they would have lost a finger. I was so angry.

"Yes Love?" He came sauntering into the room.

"Of all the stupid idiots in this place why?" I cried throwing my hands in the air.

I had showered and realized I had no way of climbing up into the tree fort. Newt had insisted like the mother hen he was, I finally sleep in a proper place. A bed sounded good, but I hated the idea. Newt was as bad as Sonya in getting me to cave and say yes. Their gentle but firm persistence somehow always managed to make me cave.

"Look Jessie, all the buggen' keepers share. He's the only one who doesn't because he's in bed earlier than most an' is up earlier than most." Newt ran a hand through his shaggy hair. "You two are so bloody similar it's scarry, but I promise he's a good guy and you're safe."

"I'm not worried about that, I sleep with a knife-"

"I don't doubt it."

"But whyyyy?!" I whinned.

"You'll live Love, I promise." Newt rolled his eyes. And I growled.

"Oh by the way, a box came for you. Creators don't miss anything." He pointed to the crate sitting on the extra bed. "I'll let you unpack and settle. See you at the bonfire."

Newt left closing the door leaving me alone in Minho's room. With a groan I picked up all the extra clothes and towels laying in a heap, it was all clean, must have been laundry day. I tossed them onto his bed. I sat down and opened the crate. Laying on top was a note writing in bold black block letters.

YOU'RE ALWAYS CAUSING TROUBLE

I'm not sure how I felt about the note but I set it aside. Inside was typical bathroom stuff, but for a girl, and I was grateful. No more using the guys stuff. More black nail polish, and eyeliner and mascara. Spare clothes, socks and underwear and bras. More throwing knives.

I had just pulled everything out of my backpack and laid it out when the bedroom door opened and a shirtless Minho stepped in. He stopped dead.

"What the shuck are you doing here?"

"Newt."

"What?"

"Well my stupid running partner busted my ankle, now I can't climb the ladder to the tree fort." I grumbled. Then I switched to a very mocking version of Newt's voice and accent. "And apparently I can't bloody sleep outside with the other guys, it ain't proper. We have a buggen' extra bed inside."

"Was that supposed to be me?" Newt asked poking his head into the room.

"Well it sure wasn't me!" I snapped.

"She's an early riser, goes to bed early, is quite tidy and quiet, I doubt you'll see much of each other." Newt grinned, "just don't bloody fall in love."

I let out a bark of a laugh. Minho rolled his eyes. Newt had a lopsided smile on his face and closed the door behind him. I glared after him for a second then turned back to my stuff I had scattered. Slowly I started repacking my backpack.

I watched out of the corner of my eye, Minho picking up and putting his things away. I was surprised to see that he actually folded his things and not just stuffed it into the drawer.

"If you want the bottom drawer is empty." He suddenly said.

"Thanks. I don't have much, the box is fine."
I put everything away, and stood up, I pulled the big sloppy shirt I was wearing off, and I picked up one of the shirts the Creators sent. And I heard a throat clear behind me. I straightened up and turned.