Chapter 27: A Small Problem

*Some spicy moments and sexual content*

"HA! I win again sucker!" I panted, crossing into the Glade. Minho right behind me. We partnered up today, we tried to rotate with the other runners. But today was Greenie day, and a few other guys wanted to stay behind for the Greenie. Minho and I hated being around for it, so we left together early.

"You cheated!" He pouted.

"How the hell did I cheat?" I flopped to the ground, trying to catch my breath.

"'Cause it's hard not to watch you!" He smirked down at me.

I narrowed my eyes are him, I pointed a finger at him, "You just wanted an excuse to look at my butt."

"Yep." He popped the p at the end, "Not gonna lie." He smirked at me with such a smug look I wanted to smack him. He hooked his thumbs into the straps of his runners backpack vest.

I rolled my eyes with a exasperated sigh. Minho just smirked some more. We still hadn't crossed that line. Fears of my past would always jump in and ruin everything. But we were good. I was actually happy with what we had. Minho never pushed or pouted, he never got mad when I asked him to stop.

He stretched out a hand, I took it and he yanked me up back onto my feet. Looking around I noticed Gladers still working.

"We got back early!" I pointed out.

"Well when you run as fast as we do..."

I started towards the Map room, "Come on, we can actually map in the quiet."

"True. And I wanted to look at that one section."

I glanced at him, "Four?" I asked, frowning now too, trying to think back to that section.

He nodded. Frowning slightly, his eyebrows pulled in the middle, "It's been acting weird." He ran a hand through his hair. He pushed the map room door open. We sat down at the table and quietly mapped our sections. It was the same. It's always the same, the walls move, the same walls, the same rotation of sections. Nothing deviated, it was the same pattern, over and over.

I threw my pencil down with a growl, and shoved away from the table. I started to pace up and down the wall. I raked my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Talk to me."

I stopped pacing and looked up, I forgot Minho was here. I was quiet for a moment, trying to think of what to do or how to word my frustration.

"Min...It's all the same! Nothing changes. It's all the same...all the shucken time. It's so repetitive. Like my brain is always on auto pilot. I never have to think of anything, wake up run the maze, map the maze, eat sleep repeat. I'm loosing my flippen mind!"

Minho was quiet for a moment, he cocked his head and chewed his check for a moment. Then spoke slowly, like he was still thinking.

"Do you think...you feel like that because...it's predictable? Because you're so used to living in such a high state of panic and chaos it feels weird now? You're not used to safe?"

I opened my mouth for a second, then closed it. I didn't know how to answer that.

"I mean the Maze and the Glade are far from safe... but it seems safer than your first maze, from what you've told me..."

I just nodded slowly. He waved me over, I came over, and he grabbed my hips, pulling me closer. He was still sitting on the stool, we were now the same height and I didn't have to raise up onto my tip toes. He slid his hands around my waist. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.