Chapter 46: You Guys are Crazy

The haunting moan and slow metal on metal came from down the dark corridor behind us. And the Grievers in front of us screamed. 

"Dammit!" Thomas cursed. 

"Run!" 

I grabbed Thomas's arm spinning around and we took off back down the hall. I had passed a hall a few yards back. I dragged Thomas with me until he had his feet under him. I let go and we ran. I was surprised ow fast he was. I was exhausted from running all morning, then caring Alby, but most runners still couldn't keep up. The Grievers screamed and gave chase. We had ran, turn after turn, away from the screaming, moaning and whirring. But as soon as I thought we had lost them, they turned up. Never giving us an actual break. My heart working overtime. Every muscle and joint screamed for sleep. By this point, I couldn't feel my feet. They were numb, but the pain was shooting through my legs. 

I was leading Thomas through the maze, he was blindly following me. At least one person trusts me. I thought bitterly. 

"Where are we going?" He asked. 

"Away." I panted. I could hardly get words out. 

"Good plan!" 

I had no extra energy to talk. I glanced beside me and I saw his head whipping back and forth. Out of the the hall we were going to pass came another Griever. 

"Down!" I screamed and tackled Thomas. We hit the stone and rolled, I came up onto my feet. He scrambled to his feet 

"Where the hell did that one come from?" 

"From Hell Thomas." I said dryly. 

He swiveled his head back and forth. We had one Griever in front of us and three behind us. I could see him working out a plan. He grabbed my arm and was pulling me backwards, away from the one griever and closer to the Grievers who had chased us down this hall. THey came around the corner. 

"Do you trust me?" Thomas asked.

"Do I have much of a choice?" 

"Good enough." He said, "Use the bow and piss of the the one in front of us-"

"Okay that I can do. But after that?" 

"Try and get it close enough to the others, piss it off, we go under."

"Got it." I pulled the bow off as we kept backing up. The Griever in front of us slowly advanced. The three behind us were charging head long down the hall. 

"Okay....Get ready!" Thomas yelled. I pulled back on the sting, the arrow ready to fly. 

"Ready?"

"Yes." I yelled back. 

He swiveled his head back and forth. 

"Ready...One...two...three!" 

I let the arrow go, It soared with a twang and the the Griever in the forehead. 

"Ha! Greivercorn!" I smiled evilly. But it slid off, that was what Minho called it. I felt the anger burn in my chest. The Griever reared back screaming. 

"It's pissed!" I yelled. 

"Wait...wait..." Thomas warned. 

It slammed back down onto all its legs, it screamed, thrashing it's long scorpion tail. It charged. Thomas was holding my wrist tightly. He was coiled tight, ready to run. He turned to look at the three monsters behind us, turning his back to the monster in front of us. He pulled and we both sprinted forwards. He dove to the side. I had slid another arrow out of the quiver and a knife as I sprinted.  Dropping to my knees, sliding under the Griever, I had sliced open the under belly of the Griever, spilling oil and ripping wires. I had to let go of the knife. I threw my body forwards, rolling a few times, coming up onto my knees again, spinning around I shot the arrow towards the Grievers, which all smashed into each other. Sharp legs flailed, scorpion claw tails tangled. Their legs ended up stabbing into each other. My arrow hit true. Into the Griever that was spilling oil, and sparking. The arrow hit it's side, causing more sparks.