Chapter 12: Trust

The Creators sent up another box for me, it was waiting for me on my bed when I got back from the showers. I sat down still wrapped in a towel and unpacked it and smiled, whoever was in charge of packing my box was awesome, they knew my style. It also must be a girl who packed my box. There were more hair ties, soap that smelt like vanilla, a big stack of milk chocolate a hot water bottle, and replenishments of deodorant, razors, regular birth control, toothpaste, shampoo socks underwear some more clothes. This time there was a journal and more pencils. I quickly pulled on the brand new underwear a pair of shorts and one of the shirts sent up. I loved it. Long sleeved, but had a cut out over he chest and wrapped around my torso in cut outs. 

*pick of out fit bellow*

Once I was dressed I picked up the journal that was still in the box and thumbed through the pages. On the last page in small neat loopy writing was another note. This one looked like it was snuck in, like no one was supposed to know it was written or know it was there.

It's okay to trust them 🖤

I stared at the little note. The corners of my lips tugged down and my eyebrows pulled to the middle. The creators obviously knew everything. Maybe they heard my conversation with Winston in the barn, because I sure hoped they weren't watching inside the bedrooms. I was still staring at it when there was a knock on the door.

"Go away!"

It had become our thing. I was grateful he would knock, but me being me and standoffish I would yell at him to go away, even though it was technically his room. My ankle had healed after a week, and I was capable of climbing and running, I decided to stay. I told myself it was because I was now used to sleeping on a bed with a pillow and blanket and had absolutely nothing to do with my room mate. Minho pushed the door open and hung his towel up.

"How the shuck do you shower so fast?" He asked.

I just rolled my eyes, closing the note book and putting it back inside the box. I'd worry about it later. But...is this someone messing with me again? A small part of me wanted to open up and trust, just a little. What Winston had said stuck with me, I was glad for Sonya for all those months, I wouldn't have stood a chance in the maze without her. It was the same here...Newt had talked me out of being reckless...well not totally, I still pushed limits, to the annoyance and frustration of everyone around me. 

I stood up off the bed, and tightened my thigh garter, and slid a few knives into their homes. I straightened up and grabbed my black eyeliner, looking around the room for the small mirror Minho always had- he bugged me constantly about my eyeliner I bugged him about always needing his hair gel. He left me alone after that. 

"What'da ya do with the mirror?" 

"It broke, so gotta prop it up, it's also cracked now." He grabbed it off his bed and held it up.

"Meh, it'll do. Hold it a second." I stepped close, pulled a knife out, placing it by my eye, I used the back end to keep the cat eye sharp and straight. 

"So that's the trick." Minho smirked down at me as I switched to the other eye. I glanced up at him, we were awfully close, I could feel his exhales fanning my hair.

"Emotional support, keeping my eyeliner straight, keeping the boys away, a good toy to play with when I'm board...what can't knives do?" I said while I did the other side.