Chapter 65: They're Coming

Minho slowly got up from his crouch on the floor and sat down on the bed. His dark eyes were intense and flicking over my face. He frowned.

"Memories?"

I just nodded. I swallowed hard, closed my y eyes and rubbed my eyes. Trying to calm my shaking nerves, I ran a hand through my dark black hair.

"It was...the same memories as before, but...more details."

He was quiet, he didn't push. He sat waiting patiently for me to explain.

"I was given. I wasn't taken as a child. I was handed over! I was eight and given over to this creep, this...Handler, by someone who was supposed to protect me!" I spat. I was shaking with anger.

"Jess..." He started but trailed off.

I swallowed hard again, shoving everything down. I shook my head, and tried to compose myself.

"I saw Tess." I said with a small tight lipped smile.

"What do you mean? You saw her...wait, in your dream?"

I nodded. "we were in the... waiting room? The room all the kids were in before they called us one by one. She was called right before me. She looked the same. Big blue eyes..."

Minho stayed quiet, he just frowned slightly with sad eyes. He opened his arms. I crawled over immidiatly and curled up in his arms, my face pressed into his neck. He held me tight, his one hand gently running through my hair.

"I love you Jess." He whispered.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

My wild racing heart and jumpy nerves calmed down now that I was wrapped in Minho's arms. I stayed here until I heard Frypan's bell for supper. Slowly and begrudgingly got up. I pulled Minho's hoodie off and pulled on some pants and a t shirt. Together we slowly went for supper.

As we entered the dinning area most heads kept glancing at me. Some looked anxiously at me some looked terrified and others looked at me suspiciously. Minho slid his hand into mine and pulled it up and kissed the back of my hand. When I glanced at him and raised an eyebrow, he just smirked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"People staring at me isn't something new. People not liking me isn't new."

"I know."

"I don't need you to protect me."

"I know, Baby." His voice was quiet and gentle, he had a slightly ammused smile on his dark chiseled face.

"I don't need protecting 'cause I'm a woman!" I snapped.

"I know. But you're MY woman. And that means I've always got your back." He slid an arm around my waist, pulling me close into his side.

"I can take care of myself." I scowled. I tried to keep those angry shields up, the back the shuck off vibe, but what he said made my heart melt.

"You have." He said, his dark eyes boring into mine, looking down into my soul. "You still do. And you still will. I've just joined in, too. Now we take care of each other."

"Dammit Minho." I grumbled and rolled my eyes, but the corners of my mouth turned into a smile and my cheeks went slightly pink.

He smirked. And his eyes twinkled. He kissed my temple as we got to the counter. Fry gave us supper and we went to sit with the others. Newt, Alby, Thomas Teresa and Jason were discussing the possible words needed for the code on the computer in the Griever hole in four. I slid onto the bench by Winston.

I half listened to the conversations around me. My mind was spinning. I felt a nudge in my side and I jumped.

"Huh what?" I looked around.