01

Dean and I have been dating all of the eighth grade.

It's one of those relationships where you are happy, but if you could go back and say no you would.

Dean was the boy of my dreams, and I got what I wanted. I guess you could say it's just not what I imagined. It feels like a repeat of the same thing every day with him.

There was only one thing that felt new each day, Lucas Mahon. I'm not sure why. He's an annoying little thing, but his jokes each day are what I look forward to. Him and Dean don't get along. Dean says Lucas has a crush on me, I don't think he does. I don't think he'd ever bat an eye at me either.

Who knows what the future will tell.

———

After school that day, I walked home with Presley and Lacy. They've been my best friends for long than I can remember. Lacy lives a house down from me, and Presley lives down the street. When we go to high school, we plan on working hard and going to New York. It might take a few years, though. Presley will be able to drive us around by junior year.

The three of us went straight to my house, because it's a Friday. On Friday, we all go
to my house for dinner.

My mom told me to invite Dean for dinner, I told him I'd let him know. I never did. For some reason, I didn't exactly want him to be there. I enjoy his company when we are at school.

We go to a small school where everyone knows everyone, even if you don't associate yourself with anyone. That boosts my confidence that Lucas knows who I am. I don't know why I want him to know me. I don't like him, but I like his attention. I would never be with him. As soon as middle school is over, I'll never see him again.

Presley doesn't have a boyfriend, her standards are high. But she's beautiful. She has blonde way hair that falls down to her chest area, I'd consider it short. She's tall, but her features are delicate.

Lacy has a boyfriend named Noah. They've liked each other since the sixth grade. I don't know if they plan on staying together when we start high school, but they are definitely soulmates. Lacy's hair is blonde as well, and it's very long and straight. I know she is going to cut it eventually, but right now it's down to her butt.

There isn't much that's interesting about me. It's easier to describe other people than to describe yourself. My hair is medium length, and it's a brownish orange. My eyes are so brown that they look colorless. You can see them in the light. I have a love hate relationship with my name, Sydney Lorelei Winston. People say it's pretty, but sometimes I wish it was something a tad more basic.

———

The weekend was just like any other, and I know the upcoming week at school will be the same.