UNVEILING FEELINGS

Part 4: Unveiling Feelings

In the days that followed the elevator incident, Kanishka and Darsh found themselves thinking about each other more often than they would admit. Their interactions at work became tinged with a subtle tension, a lingering awareness that went beyond professional collaboration.

One afternoon, Kanishka was reviewing some event proposals in her office when her phone buzzed with a message from Darsh.

**Darsh:** Kanishka, could we meet for coffee later today? There's something important I'd like to discuss.

Kanishka's heart skipped a beat. She quickly replied.

**Kanishka:** Of course, Darsh. How about 4 PM at Java Junction?

**Darsh:** Perfect. See you then.

As Kanishka got ready for the meeting, she couldn't help but wonder what Darsh wanted to talk about. She tried to push aside the fluttering nerves in her stomach, reminding herself to stay composed.

At Java Junction, Darsh was already waiting when Kanishka arrived. He stood up as she approached, a warm smile on his face.

"Hi Kanishka, thanks for coming," Darsh greeted her, gesturing for her to take a seat.

"Hi Darsh," Kanishka replied, feeling a mix of excitement and apprehension. "What did you want to talk about?"

Darsh took a deep breath, his gaze steady. "Kanishka, over the past few weeks, I've come to admire not just your business acumen, but your strength and determination. And... I've realized that I feel something more than just professional admiration."

Kanishka's heart skipped a beat as she met his gaze, her pulse quickening. "Darsh..."

"I know this might be unexpected, and we're colleagues working on a significant project together," Darsh continued, his voice sincere. "But I can't deny that I've developed feelings for you, Kanishka. I wanted to be honest with you about how I feel."

Kanishka searched his eyes, seeing the vulnerability and sincerity in them. Her mind raced, grappling with her own emotions and the implications of what Darsh had just confessed.

"Darsh, I..." she started, her voice wavering slightly. "I've been feeling... something too."

Darsh's expression softened, a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "You have?"

Kanishka nodded, a small smile tugging at her lips. "Yes. I've admired you too, not just as a business leader, but as a person. And what happened in the elevator... it showed me a side of you that I didn't expect, but I'm grateful for."

Darsh reached across the table, taking Kanishka's hand in his. "I understand if this complicates things, especially with our professional relationship..."

Kanishka gently squeezed his hand. "It does complicate things, but I think... I think it's worth exploring, Darsh."

A wave of relief washed over Darsh's face, followed by a warm smile. "I'm glad to hear that, Kanishka."

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, hands intertwined, the weight of their unspoken feelings hanging in the air. The world around them seemed to fade away as they savored this newfound connection.

---

As they left the café together, walking side by side, Kanishka felt a sense of anticipation and possibility. She knew there were challenges ahead-navigating a relationship while managing their professional responsibilities-but for now, she allowed herself to revel in the joy of this new beginning.

Darsh glanced at her, a hint of playfulness in his eyes. "So, Kanishka Rao, CEO extraordinaire... Where do we go from here?"

Kanishka chuckled softly. "I think we take it one step at a time, Darsh Singhal, and see where this journey leads us."

And with that shared understanding, they continued walking into the future, hand in hand, ready to embrace whatever challenges and adventures awaited them.

---

End of Part 4