HALDI AND MEHNDI

Part 62

The morning of the Haldi ceremony arrived with much fanfare. The Singhal and Rao families were buzzing with excitement as they prepared for the festivities. The house was decorated with marigold flowers, and the aroma of traditional sweets filled the air.

Kanishka sat in the center of the courtyard, surrounded by her friends and family, all dressed in vibrant yellow attire. She looked radiant, her face glowing with happiness.

Darsh, in another part of the house, was also getting ready for his Haldi ceremony. He wore a simple white kurta, his face beaming with anticipation.

Somya, who had been secretly harboring feelings for Darsh, stood on the sidelines, watching the preparations. Her heart ached with jealousy as she saw how happy Darsh was with Kanishka. Determined to do something about it, she discreetly slipped a small vial of allergic medicine into her pocket.

As the Haldi ceremony began, everyone took turns applying the turmeric paste to Kanishka's face and arms. The atmosphere was filled with laughter and cheer.

Somya seized her chance. She approached the bowl of Haldi meant for Kanishka and, ensuring no one was watching, poured the contents of the vial into the bowl. Just as she was about to mix it in, the bowl slipped from her hands and crashed to the ground, spilling its contents.

Everyone turned to look at the commotion. Sweta rushed over, "Oh no! The Haldi!"

Laksh chuckled, "Looks like we'll need a new batch."

Kanishka, oblivious to Somya's intentions, laughed along with everyone else. "It's okay, we have plenty more."

Somya forced a smile, her plan foiled. She stepped back, watching as the celebration continued without a hitch.

---

Later that evening, after the festivities had ended, Darsh and Kanishka retreated to their room, exhausted but happy. Kanishka's skin still had remnants of Haldi, and Darsh had patches of yellow on his face and arms.

"Today was perfect," Kanishka said, her eyes sparkling.

"It was," Darsh agreed, pulling her close. "But I think we need to get this Haldi off us."

Kanishka giggled. "Yes, we do."

They headed to the bathroom, where Darsh turned on the shower. As the warm water cascaded over them, they began to wash away the turmeric. Darsh took his time, his hands gentle but firm as he rubbed the Haldi off Kanishka's arms.

"You know," Darsh said, his voice low and teasing, "I think yellow is your color."

Kanishka laughed softly, her eyes meeting his. "You think so?"

"Absolutely," Darsh replied, his hands moving to her waist. "You look stunning in anything, but there's something about you in yellow."

Kanishka blushed, her heart fluttering. "Well, you don't look too bad yourself."

Darsh grinned, leaning in closer. "Is that so?"

Before she could respond, Darsh captured her lips in a tender kiss. Kanishka melted into him, the warmth of the water mingling with the heat of their embrace. The kiss deepened, and soon they were lost in each other, the world outside forgotten.

Darsh's hands moved to the hem of Kanishka's blouse, slowly lifting it over her head. She shivered, not from the cold, but from the intensity of his gaze. He tossed the blouse aside, his hands caressing her bare skin.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, his lips trailing down her neck.

Kanishka moaned softly, her fingers tangling in his hair. "Darsh..."

He lifted her, pressing her against the cool tiles of the shower. Their bodies moved together in perfect harmony, each touch igniting a fire within them. The water poured over them, mingling with their sighs and moans.

They moved to the bedroom, where Darsh laid Kanishka down gently on the bed. He took his time, exploring every inch of her body with his lips and hands. Kanishka's breaths came in shallow gasps, her body arching towards him.

"Darsh," she whispered, her voice trembling with desire.

He looked up at her, his eyes dark with passion. "Yes, my love?"

"Make love to me," she pleaded.

Darsh needed no further encouragement. He positioned himself over her, entering her slowly. Kanishka gasped, her nails digging into his back. They moved together, their bodies creating a rhythm that was both gentle and intense.

As they reached their peak, Darsh whispered sweet nothings in her ear, his voice filled with love and adoration. Kanishka clung to him, her heart bursting with happiness.

When they finally collapsed beside each other, their bodies spent and satisfied, Kanishka turned to Darsh, her eyes shining. "I love you," she said softly.

Darsh smiled, pulling her close. "And I love you, Kanishka. Always."

They lay there, wrapped in each other's arms, the events of the day fading away. In that moment, all that mattered was their love and the promise of a beautiful future together.

---

The next morning, the house was abuzz with excitement once again as preparations for the Mehndi ceremony began. Darsh and Kanishka woke up, still wrapped in each other's embrace.

Darsh looked at Kanishka, his heart swelling with love. "Good morning, beautiful."

Kanishka smiled, her eyes still half-closed. "Good morning."

He kissed her forehead. "Ready for another day of celebrations?"

She nodded, stretching lazily. "Absolutely."

As they got ready, Kanishka couldn't help but think about how lucky she was to have Darsh by her side. Despite the challenges and the misunderstandings, their love had only grown stronger.

Darsh, meanwhile, was determined to make their wedding the happiest day of Kanishka's life. He wanted to give her the fairy-tale wedding she deserved, complete with all the traditions and celebrations.

As the day unfolded, Kanishka and Darsh were surrounded by their loved ones, each moment filled with laughter and joy. Somya, despite her jealousy, tried to put on a brave face, but it was clear to those who knew her well that she was struggling.

Laksh and Sweta kept the energy high with their playful antics, while Priya and Aarushi made sure everything was running smoothly. Mr. and Mrs. Rao and Mr. and Mrs. Singhal watched with pride as their children prepared for the next big step in their lives.

In the midst of it all, Darsh and Kanishka found moments to steal away and be together, their love a beacon of light in the midst of the chaos. They knew that no matter what challenges came their way, they would face them together, their bond unbreakable.

And so, as the sun set on another day of celebration, Darsh and Kanishka looked forward to their future with hope and excitement, knowing that their love would guide them through whatever lay ahead.