Part 73: Hidden Truths and Lingering Suspicions

As the evening settled in, Darsh remained lost in thought, replaying the scene he had witnessed at the restaurant. His unease grew with each passing minute, but he managed to keep a calm exterior for Kanishka’s sake. She sat next to him on the couch, her hand gently resting on his arm.

“Darsh, is everything alright?” Kanishka asked again, her voice laced with concern. “You’ve been distant all evening.”

Darsh forced a smile, squeezing her hand reassuringly. “I’m just dealing with some work issues. Nothing to worry about.”

Just then, the front door opened, and Somya walked in, her expression wary and nervous. She tried to mask it with a smile, but Darsh could see right through her. He stood up, his gaze fixed on her.

“Somya, where were you?” Darsh asked, trying to keep his tone casual.

Somya hesitated for a split second before answering, “I went to meet someone about a job opportunity.”

Darsh raised an eyebrow, his suspicion deepening. “A job opportunity at this hour?”

Before Somya could respond, Kanishka interjected, “It’s time for dinner. We can talk about this afterward.” She led them all to the dining table, unaware of the tension brewing between Darsh and Somya.

Throughout dinner, Darsh watched Somya closely. She was nervous, her eyes darting around the room, avoiding direct contact with him. Kanishka chatted happily, oblivious to the undercurrent of unease.

After dinner, they all headed to their rooms. As soon as they were alone, Darsh turned to Kanishka, his expression softening. “How about we spend some time together?” he asked, a playful glint in his eye.

Kanishka smiled, though she still sensed something was off. “I’d like that.”

Darsh wrapped his arm around her waist and led her to their bedroom. “Aren’t you worried Somya might come knocking again?” Kanishka teased.

Darsh chuckled. “If she does, I’ll tell her you’re already asleep.”

As they began to get intimate, Darsh’s mind momentarily wandered back to the scene at the restaurant. But he pushed it aside, focusing on Kanishka. Just as they were getting lost in each other, there was a knock at the door. Darsh tensed, irritation flashing across his face.

“Not again,” he muttered under his breath. He got up and opened the door slightly, blocking Somya’s view. “Kanishka’s asleep. She had a long day,” he said firmly.

Somya’s face fell, but she nodded and walked back to her room. Darsh closed the door and turned back to Kanishka, his eyes filled with a mixture of frustration and desire. “Where were we?” he asked, a smirk forming on his lips.

Kanishka laughed softly. “Right here,” she replied, pulling him closer.

They spent the night wrapped in each other’s arms, their passion intensifying with every moment. Meanwhile, Somya lay in her room, listening to their muffled moans and laughter, a mix of anger and sadness swirling within her. She knew her plans were starting to crumble, and the realization fueled her determination to find another way to get what she wanted.