A STRATEGIC MOVE

Part 51: A Strategic Move

Darsh sat in his office, his fingers drumming on the polished oak desk. The revelation about Ayan's blackmail had infuriated him, but he knew he needed a clear mind to tackle this. His eyes fixed on the laptop screen, he initiated a deep search into Ayan's digital files.

"Let's see where you hide your secrets," he muttered to himself.

After hours of navigating through firewalls and encrypted files, he found it—a hidden folder on Ayan's personal server. With a few more keystrokes, he accessed the folder and there it was, the video that had haunted Kanishka.

Darsh's face hardened with determination. "Not anymore," he whispered. Using advanced software, he not only deleted the video but also erased any backups that Ayan might have had.

"Good riddance," he said, leaning back in his chair, a smirk playing on his lips. The next step was confrontation.

That evening, Darsh drove to Ayan's office. As he walked in, his presence commanded attention. Ayan, sitting behind his desk, looked up, surprise flashing across his face before it was replaced by a smug smile.

"Darsh," Ayan greeted. "What brings you here?"

Darsh didn't waste time with pleasantries. "I know about the video, Ayan. It's gone now. Deleted. Permanently."

Ayan's face paled, his smugness evaporating. "You... What did you do?"

"I saved Kanishka from your disgusting trap," Darsh replied coldly. "And I'm here to tell you to stay away from her. If you ever try to harm her again, I'll ruin you."

Ayan tried to regain his composure. "You think you can just waltz in here and threaten me?"

Darsh stepped closer, his voice dangerously low. "This is not a threat. It's a promise. Stay. Away. From Kanishka."

Ayan's eyes darted around, looking for some leverage, but he found none. "You can't do this," he stammered.

"I already have," Darsh said, turning on his heel and walking out.

Back at home, Kanishka was pacing in the living room when Darsh walked in. She rushed to him, concern etched on her face. "What happened? Did you talk to Ayan?"

Darsh took her hands in his, his expression softening. "It's over, Kanishka. The video is gone, and Ayan won't be bothering you anymore."

Her eyes welled up with tears of relief. "Thank you, Darsh. I don't know how to repay you."

"You don't have to repay me," he said, pulling her into a gentle embrace. "I'm just glad you're safe."

Kanishka rested her head against his chest, feeling a mix of emotions. The man who had once been her adversary was now her protector. For the first time in a long while, she felt a flicker of hope.

---

The next day, Darsh's confrontation with Ayan spread through their social circles. At the office, Priya rushed to Kanishka's side. "Is it true? Did Darsh really delete the video?"

Kanishka nodded, a small smile playing on her lips. "Yes, he did. Ayan won't be bothering us anymore."

Priya looked relieved. "I'm so glad to hear that. Darsh really cares about you, Kanishka."

"I know," Kanishka said softly. "I just hope we can move past all this."

Meanwhile, Darsh was in his office, his mind racing with plans. He knew that getting rid of the video was only the first step. Ayan might still try something out of desperation. He needed to stay vigilant.

That evening, as Darsh and Kanishka sat down for dinner, he reached across the table and took her hand. "We need to be careful. Ayan might not give up so easily."

Kanishka nodded. "I understand. But I'm not scared anymore. Not with you by my side."

Darsh squeezed her hand gently. "We'll get through this together, Kanishka. I promise."

As they finished their meal, Darsh couldn't shake the feeling that this was just the beginning. But for now, he was content knowing that Kanishka was safe. He would protect her at all costs, no matter what challenges lay ahead.

The days that followed were a mixture of relief and caution. Darsh and Kanishka worked together, their bond growing stronger with each passing moment. They knew that their journey was far from over, but they were ready to face whatever came their way. Together.

---

End of Part 51.