ENGAGEMENT PARTY

Part 60

Ayan paced back and forth in the living room, his mind churning with questions and emotions. Aarushi watched him, knowing the confrontation was inevitable. She braced herself, taking a deep breath as Ayan finally stopped and looked at her.

"Aarushi," he began, his voice tinged with frustration, "I need to know the truth. Did you know about Kanishka and Darsh?"

Aarushi met his gaze, her eyes steady. "Yes, Ayan, I did. I found out the day before our wedding. But I didn't know how to tell you without causing more chaos."

Ayan ran a hand through his hair, exasperated. "Why didn't you tell me? We could have handled it differently."

"I was scared, Ayan. Scared of losing you, scared of the scandal it would cause. By the time I found out, everything was already in motion."

Ayan sighed, his anger dissipating as he saw the sincerity in Aarushi's eyes. "I respect our marriage, Aarushi. But this... this isn't easy for me."

Aarushi nodded, tears welling up in her eyes. "I understand. And I'm sorry, truly. But we have to move forward. We're married now, and I want to make this work."

Ayan took a deep breath, nodding slowly. "Alright. We'll try."

---

Meanwhile, the Singhal, Rao, and Khanna families received the invitation for Darsh and Kanishka's wedding. Excitement buzzed in the air as everyone discussed the upcoming events. The news spread quickly, and soon the whole family was talking about it.

Somya, who had harbored feelings for Darsh for a long time, felt a pang of jealousy when she heard the news. She put on a brave face, though, not wanting to show her true feelings.

At the Singhal residence, Darsh and Kanishka were busy planning their wedding. They sat together, going through lists and discussing the details.

"I can't believe we're doing this," Kanishka said, smiling. "It's like a dream."

Darsh grinned, taking her hand. "A beautiful dream. I want it to be perfect for you, Kanishka."

Kanishka blushed, her heart swelling with love. "I can't wait for our wedding. The haldi, the mehndi, the engagement party... it's all going to be magical."

"And don't forget the wedding night," Darsh added with a playful wink, making Kanishka laugh.

As the days passed, the excitement grew. The families were busy with preparations, and the house was filled with joy and anticipation. However, amidst the happiness, Ayan struggled with his feelings. He watched from the sidelines, his heart aching for Kanishka.

---

On the day of the engagement party, the venue was decorated beautifully. Music filled the air, and everyone was in high spirits. Darsh and Kanishka made their grand entrance, looking stunning together. They danced and celebrated with their families, enjoying every moment.

Mr. Rao approached Mr. Singhal, a broad smile on his face. "It's wonderful to see our children so happy, isn't it?"

Mr. Singhal nodded, beaming. "Absolutely. They've been through so much, and now they deserve all the happiness in the world."

Mrs. Rao joined them, her eyes glistening with tears of joy. "Kanishka looks so beautiful tonight. And Darsh... he's grown into such a fine young man."

Mrs. Singhal nodded in agreement. "They make a perfect couple. I couldn't be happier."

Sweta, Laksh, and Priya gathered around Kanishka, admiring her engagement ring.

"It's gorgeous!" Sweta exclaimed, her eyes wide.

Kanishka smiled, blushing slightly. "Thank you. Darsh has really outdone himself."

Laksh grinned. "You both look amazing together. I'm so happy for you."

Priya hugged Kanishka tightly. "You deserve all the happiness in the world, Kanishka."

Meanwhile, Aarushi stood in a corner, watching the festivities. She noticed Ayan looking at Kanishka with a distant expression and approached him.

"Ayan, are you okay?" Aarushi asked softly.

Ayan forced a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just... processing everything."

Aarushi squeezed his hand. "We'll get through this together."

---

As the night wore on, Darsh and Kanishka found a moment alone. They stood on the balcony, looking out at the city lights.

"Are you happy?" Darsh asked, wrapping his arms around Kanishka.

Kanishka leaned into him, smiling. "Yes, Darsh. I'm very happy. Thank you for making this dream come true."

Darsh kissed her forehead. "Anything for you, Kanishka."

The two stood there, embracing each other, ready to face whatever the future held. As they looked out at the night, they knew that their journey was just beginning.

Back inside, Somya stood near the refreshment table, her emotions in turmoil. She spotted Ayan again, who seemed equally lost in thought. She decided to approach him.

"Ayan, right?" Somya said, offering a tentative smile.

"Yes," Ayan replied, recognizing her from earlier. "And you must be Somya."

She nodded. "I couldn't help but notice that this is difficult for you too."

Ayan sighed. "Yeah, it's... complicated. I loved Kanishka."

Somya's eyes softened with empathy. "I understand. I've had feelings for Darsh for a long time. Seeing him so happy with someone else... it hurts."

Ayan looked at her, surprised. "I didn't know."

"We all have our own battles," Somya said. "But maybe we can find some solace in each other's company."

Ayan nodded, appreciating the sentiment. "Maybe we can."

---

The engagement party continued, with laughter and joy filling the air. Mr. and Mrs. Rao danced together, reminiscing about their own wedding day. Mr. and Mrs. Singhal joined them, sharing stories and laughs.

Darsh and Kanishka moved through the crowd, greeting guests and thanking them for their well wishes. Sweta, Laksh, and Priya kept the energy high with their playful banter and jokes.

As the night came to a close, Darsh and Kanishka stood on the dance floor, holding each other close.

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you," Darsh whispered in Kanishka's ear.

Kanishka smiled, tears of joy in her eyes. "Me too, Darsh. Me too."

With their families and friends around them, Darsh and Kanishka knew that their love would conquer any challenges ahead. Together, they were ready to start their new chapter, hand in hand.

---

As the night wore on, Darsh and Kanishka found a moment alone. They stood on the balcony, looking out at the city lights.

"Are you happy?" Darsh asked, wrapping his arms around Kanishka.

Kanishka leaned into him, smiling. "Yes, Darsh. I'm very happy. Thank you for making this dream come true."

Darsh kissed her forehead. "Anything for you, Kanishka."

The two stood there, embracing each other, ready to face whatever the future held. As they looked out at the night, they knew that their journey was just beginning.