THE UNVEILING

---

**Part 24: The Unveiling**

The wedding pavilion exuded an air of anticipation as Ayan, dressed resplendently in traditional attire, stood at the altar with his heart racing. Guests murmured softly, their eyes shifting between Ayan and the veiled figure standing beside him, waiting for the pivotal moment when the bride's face would be revealed.

As the final rituals of the wedding ceremony concluded, the time came for Aarushi to lift her veil. With a mix of nervousness and duty, she raised the delicate fabric, unveiling her face to the assembled guests.

Ayan's eyes widened in disbelief as he stared at Aarushi, momentarily frozen in shock. The guests, too, reacted with surprise, their whispers growing louder in the sudden silence that followed.

Aarushi met Ayan's gaze, her expression a blend of regret and uncertainty. "Ayan," she began softly, her voice quavering slightly, "I... I need to explain."

Ayan, his emotions swirling, struggled to find words. "Aarushi," he finally managed, his voice tinged with confusion, "why are you here? Where is Kanishka?"

Aarushi's eyes flickered with sadness as she replied, "Ayan, I... Kanishka was not here when I arrived. I was asked to... to stand in her place."

Ayan's brow furrowed in bewilderment. "Asked by whom?" he pressed, a note of urgency creeping into his voice.

Aarushi hesitated, her gaze dropping momentarily before meeting Ayan's again. "For the sake of your family's reputation," she admitted quietly. "I was told it was the only way to avoid scandal."

Ayan's mind raced, grappling with the implications of Aarushi's words. The weight of the situation bore down on him as he processed the revelation that Kanishka was missing on her own wedding day.

"I need to find Kanishka," Ayan declared, determination hardening his features. Ignoring the lingering stares and murmurs of the guests, he turned abruptly and strode purposefully towards the wedding hall's exit.

Aarushi watched him go, her heart heavy with the burden of the truth she had just revealed. She knew this turn of events would leave deep wounds, altering the lives of everyone involved.

As Ayan disappeared into the fading light outside, the guests exchanged uneasy glances, their thoughts swirling with unanswered questions and uneasy anticipation of what would come next.

---

This part explores the moment when Aarushi unveils herself as the bride instead of Kanishka and reveals the truth to Ayan about Kanishka's absence. It sets the stage for Ayan's quest to find Kanishka and the ensuing repercussions of this unexpected turn on all the characters involved.