HEARTBREAK AND ANGER

Part 14: Heartbreak and Anger

Darsh sat in his office, immersed in paperwork, when his phone buzzed with a notification. He glanced at the screen, expecting a mundane message or a work-related update. Instead, his heart stopped when he saw the subject line of the email: "Wedding Invitation."

Curiosity and dread churned within him as he opened the email. His eyes widened in shock as he read the contents:

Dear Mr. Singhal,

You are cordially invited to the wedding festivities of Kanishka Rao and Ayan Khanna.

Haldi: 12th July, 10 AM, Rao Residence

Mehndi: 13th July, 5 PM, Royal Orchid Hotel

Sangeet: 14th July, 7 PM, Royal Orchid Hotel

Wedding: 15th July, 11 AM, The Grand Ballroom, Royal Orchid Hotel

We hope to see you there to celebrate this joyous occasion.

Darsh's heart pounded in his chest. Kanishka and Ayan were getting married? He felt as if the ground had been ripped from beneath his feet. Without a second thought, he grabbed his keys and rushed out of the office, his mind a whirlwind of emotions.

The drive to Kanishka's house was a blur. He couldn't fathom how things had escalated to this point. How could she be marrying Ayan? Had she truly moved on so quickly? He needed answers, and he needed them now.

When he arrived at her house, he banged on the door, his heart racing. After a few tense moments, the door opened to reveal Kanishka. She was wearing a simple yet elegant dress, and the sight of her made his heart ache even more.

"Kanishka, what is this?" Darsh demanded, holding up his phone with the wedding invitation displayed. "You're marrying Ayan?"

Kanishka's eyes flickered with a mix of emotions-surprise, frustration, and something he couldn't quite place. "Yes, Darsh, I am. And you have no right to question my decisions."

Darsh felt a surge of anger and desperation. "You can't be serious, Kanishka! This is insane. What about everything we've been through? How can you marry him?"

Kanishka's expression hardened. "You have no say in my life anymore, Darsh. You lost that right when you betrayed me and nearly destroyed my family's company."

Darsh's anger flared. "You think marrying Ayan is the solution? Do you even love him, or is this just some twisted way to get back at me?"

Kanishka's eyes flashed with fury. "How dare you! My decisions are my own, and you have no right to judge them. Ayan has been there for me, supporting me when you tore my world apart. Unlike you, he respects me and my choices."

Darsh clenched his fists, his anger boiling over. "This isn't about respect, Kanishka. This is about you making a mistake. You don't belong with him. You belong with me."

Kanishka took a step closer, her voice low and fierce. "You need to leave, Darsh. You're not welcome here. I won't let you ruin this for me."

Darsh's heart ached with a mixture of anger and heartbreak. "Kanishka, please. Don't do this. We can fix things. We can make it work."

Kanishka shook her head, her expression resolute. "There's nothing to fix, Darsh. It's over. You need to move on, just like I have."

Darsh stared at her, the reality of her words sinking in. She had made up her mind, and there was nothing he could do to change it. He felt a surge of helplessness and rage.

"Fine," he spat, his voice cold. "Marry him if that's what you want. But don't come running back when you realize what a mistake you've made."

With that, he turned on his heel and stormed out of the house, his heart heavy with a mix of sorrow and fury. As he drove away, he couldn't shake the image of Kanishka's resolute face from his mind. She had made her choice, and now he had to live with the consequences.