A FATHER'S DEMAND

Part 35: A Father's Demand

The doorbell rang sharply in the morning stillness, the sound reverberating through Darsh's penthouse. Kanishka was in the kitchen, nursing a cup of coffee and trying to process the whirlwind of emotions and events from the previous day. Darsh glanced at her from across the room, his face a mask of concern and anticipation.

"I'll get it," he said, moving towards the door. Kanishka nodded absently, staring into her cup.

When Darsh opened the door, he found himself face-to-face with a man whose eyes blazed with a mixture of anger and desperation. It was Mr. Rao, Kanishka's father. His usually composed demeanor was replaced with an intense urgency.

"Mr. Rao," Darsh began, but Mr. Rao cut him off.

"I'm here to take my daughter home," he said, his voice firm and unwavering. "Where is Kanishka?"

Darsh stepped aside, allowing Mr. Rao to enter. "She's in the kitchen," he said quietly. Mr. Rao strode past him, his presence commanding and determined.

Kanishka looked up as her father entered the kitchen. Her heart sank at the sight of his worried expression. "Papa," she said softly, setting her cup down.

"Kanishka, pack your things. We're leaving," Mr. Rao said, his voice brooking no argument.

Kanishka stood up, her gaze meeting her father's. "Papa, I... I can't leave," she said, her voice trembling slightly.

Mr. Rao's eyes widened in disbelief. "What do you mean you can't leave? This man has manipulated you, forced you into this marriage. You don't have to stay here."

Kanishka shook her head, her eyes welling up with tears. "It's not that simple, Papa. There's more at stake here than just my feelings. Our companies, our families... everything is intertwined now."

Mr. Rao's expression softened slightly, but his resolve remained. "Kanishka, your happiness is more important than any business deal or reputation. Come home with me, where you belong."

Darsh, who had been standing in the doorway, stepped forward. "Mr. Rao, please understand. Kanishka and I... we're trying to navigate this together. She's free to leave if she wants to, but I believe she sees the bigger picture."

Mr. Rao turned to Darsh, his eyes blazing with anger. "You have no right to speak about my daughter's happiness. This is all your doing."

Kanishka stepped between them, her hands raised in a gesture of peace. "Papa, please. I know you're worried, but I need to figure this out on my own terms. I need to understand what this means for me, for us."

Mr. Rao looked at his daughter, his eyes filled with a mix of sorrow and frustration. "Kanishka, don't let this man dictate your life. You deserve to make your own choices."

Kanishka took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "I am making my own choice, Papa. And right now, I choose to stay and face this. I need to understand the consequences of my decisions."

Mr. Rao sighed deeply, his shoulders sagging with the weight of his worry. "If this is truly what you want, Kanishka, then I won't force you. But remember, you always have a home with us. Always."

Kanishka nodded, her eyes filled with gratitude. "I know, Papa. Thank you."

Mr. Rao turned to Darsh, his expression hardening once more. "If anything happens to my daughter, you'll have me to answer to," he said, his voice low and menacing.

Darsh nodded solemnly. "I understand, Mr. Rao. I'll take care of her."

With a final look at his daughter, Mr. Rao left the penthouse, leaving a heavy silence in his wake. Kanishka sank back into her chair, her emotions a tumultuous mix of relief and uncertainty.

Darsh approached her slowly, his expression thoughtful. "Are you sure about this, Kanishka?"

She looked up at him, her eyes filled with determination. "Why are you asking me this question"

Darsh nodded, a hint of admiration in his gaze. "Because you're the one who just wants to leave from my house".

Kanishka gave him a small, determined smile. "I think you forgot that, we are now married and this is not only your house".

Darsh said  "So.....you accept that we are married". with a flirty smile on his face

Kanishka " Never". And go the kitchen