THE UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTER

Part 67: An Unexpected Encounter

The evening settled over the city as Darsh and Kanishka prepared for their first dinner out as a newly married couple. Kanishka chose a beautiful teal dress that highlighted her figure perfectly, while Darsh donned a sleek black suit. The excitement of a new adventure together filled the air.

"Ready for our date, Mrs. Rao?" Darsh asked, his eyes twinkling with playful mischief as he watched Kanishka apply the final touches to her makeup.

"Absolutely, Mr. Rao," Kanishka replied, smiling warmly.

As they headed out the door, Darsh couldn't resist flirting with her. "You look stunning, Kanishka. I might have to fight off a few admirers tonight," he teased, slipping his arm around her waist.

Kanishka laughed, leaning into him. "I think you can handle it," she replied.

In the car, Darsh continued his playful banter. "You know, it's hard to concentrate on driving when I have such a beautiful wife sitting next to me," he said, glancing at her with a charming smile.

Kanishka blushed, her heart fluttering. "Focus on the road, Mr. Flirt," she chided gently, though she was clearly enjoying the attention.

When they arrived at the restaurant, they were both in high spirits. The maître d' led them to a cozy table near the window, offering a perfect view of the city lights. As they settled in, Kanishka suddenly froze, her eyes widening in shock.

"Darsh, look over there," she whispered, nodding towards a corner of the restaurant.

Darsh followed her gaze and was equally surprised to see Priya and Rishabh locked in a romantic kiss. The couple, completely absorbed in each other, didn't notice Darsh and Kanishka at first. When they finally looked up, their expressions turned from blissful to startled.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Kanishka said, walking over to their table with a teasing grin. "Caught in the act, huh?"

Priya and Rishabh both blushed furiously, exchanging nervous glances. "Kanishka, Darsh, hi," Priya stammered, trying to recover her composure.

Darsh joined Kanishka, folding his arms with a mock-serious expression. "So, what's going on here? And why didn't we know about this?" he asked, looking from Rishabh to Priya.

Rishabh scratched the back of his head, clearly embarrassed. "Well, it's a bit of a story," he began.

Kanishka and Darsh sat down at their table, eager to hear the details. "Spill it," Kanishka said, her eyes twinkling with curiosity.

"It all started during the bachelor party night," Priya explained. "After you two went to your room, the rest of us kept partying. I was pretty drunk, and so was Rishabh. We live in the same building, so I asked him for a lift because it was so late."

Darsh nodded, urging her to continue. "And then what happened?"

Priya glanced at Rishabh, who took over the story. "Well, during the drive, we were both a bit tipsy, and I started flirting with Priya. She seemed to enjoy it, and when we got to our building, things just... escalated. In the lift, we couldn't control ourselves and kissed. By the time we reached my apartment, one thing led to another, and we ended up spending the night together."

Kanishka's eyes widened. "Wow, that's quite a night. And what happened the next morning?"

"I woke up next to Rishabh and was terrified at first," Priya admitted. "But then Rishabh confessed his feelings for me. He said he wanted to be in a relationship. I realized I felt the same way, so I said yes. We've been together since then."

Darsh chuckled. "And you didn't tell us because...?"

"Everyone was so busy with the wedding," Rishabh said. "We decided to wait until after everything settled down to share our news."

Kanishka shook her head, laughing. "Well, I have to admit, this is quite the surprise. But I'm happy for you both."

"Me too," Darsh added, giving Rishabh a friendly pat on the back. "Just don't keep any more secrets from us."

Priya and Rishabh smiled, visibly relieved. "We won't," Priya promised.

As they settled back into their own table, Kanishka couldn't help but tease Priya. "So, how was it, falling for my brother in law ( kanishka sees rishabh as his brother in law because he was the only one who is close to darsh after her)?" she asked with a grin.

Priya blushed but smiled. "He's pretty amazing," she admitted.

Darsh leaned in, his voice low and playful. "Looks like love is in the air tonight," he said, his eyes locking with Kanishka's.

Kanishka's heart skipped a beat. "It sure is," she replied softly.

As the night went on, they enjoyed their dinner, filled with laughter and teasing. The unexpected encounter had added an extra layer of joy to their evening. By the time they left the restaurant, both couples felt closer than ever, ready to face the future together.

After dinner, Darsh and Kanishka decided to take a walk around the restaurant's garden. The moonlight cast a soft glow over everything, making the night feel magical.

"Can you believe it?" Kanishka said, looking up at Darsh. "Priya and Rishabh!"

Darsh shook his head, chuckling. "I never would have guessed. But I'm happy for them. They seem good together."

Kanishka nodded in agreement. "It's just... so unexpected. But then again, so was our story."

Darsh smiled, pulling her close. "Life is full of surprises, isn't it?"

Kanishka rested her head on his shoulder. "It really is. I'm glad we're in this together."

As they walked back to the car, Darsh continued to flirt with her. "You know, seeing Rishabh and Priya made me realize something," he said.

"Oh? What's that?" Kanishka asked, curious.

"That we need to make more memories like this," he replied, giving her a sly grin. "Starting with tonight."

Kanishka laughed, feeling a warm glow in her heart. "You're incorrigible," she said, shaking her head.

"And you love it," Darsh teased, giving her a quick kiss.

By the time they got home, they were both in high spirits. The night had been full of unexpected twists and turns, but it had brought them closer together. As they prepared for bed, Darsh couldn't resist one last flirtatious remark.

"You know," he said, leaning against the doorframe, "we still have some unfinished business from Italy."

Kanishka raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh? And what might that be?"

Darsh walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "I seem to recall a certain night where we promised to make more memories like this."

Kanishka smiled, her heart racing. "Well, Mr. Rao, I think we can arrange that."

As the night went on, they continued to flirt and tease each other, creating new memories that would last a lifetime.