AN UNWELCOME INTERRUPTION

Part 71: An Unwelcome Interruption

The day had passed uneventfully, with Darsh spending most of his time at the office while Kanishka and Somya stayed at home. As evening fell, the three of them gathered for dinner. The meal was filled with light conversation, but an underlying tension was palpable, especially between Kanishka and Somya.

After dinner, they bid each other goodnight. Darsh and Kanishka retreated to their room, eager for some much-needed alone time. As soon as the door closed behind them, Darsh's eyes sparkled with mischief.

"I missed you last night," Darsh whispered, pulling Kanishka close. "I missed your lips, your voice, your touch."

Kanishka blushed, feeling her heart race. "I missed you too, Darsh. It felt so strange sleeping without you."

Darsh cupped her face in his hands, his thumbs gently caressing her cheeks. "Then let's make up for lost time," he murmured before pressing his lips to hers in a tender kiss.

Kanishka melted into his embrace, her arms wrapping around his neck. The kiss deepened, becoming more passionate as their bodies pressed together. Darsh's hands roamed over her back, pulling her even closer.

"I can't get enough of you," Darsh breathed against her lips. "Your scent, your taste... everything about you drives me wild."

Kanishka giggled softly, her fingers tangling in his hair. "You always know just what to say."

Darsh's hands moved to the hem of her dress, lifting it slightly. "Words are just the beginning," he said with a grin, his voice husky with desire.

Kanishka's breath hitched as his hands explored her body. "Darsh," she whispered, her voice full of longing.

They moved to the bed, their kisses growing more fervent. Darsh's hands continued their journey, undressing her slowly, savoring each moment. Kanishka mirrored his actions, her hands trembling slightly with excitement as she removed his shirt.

Their bodies entwined, the world outside forgotten as they lost themselves in each other. Darsh's lips traced a path down her neck, eliciting soft moans from Kanishka. She arched into him, her hands clutching at his shoulders.

"I love you, Kanishka," Darsh murmured against her skin.

"I love you too, Darsh," she replied, her voice breathless.

Just as they were about to lose themselves completely in the moment, a loud knock shattered the intimacy. Both of them froze, their eyes wide with shock.

"Darsh? Kanishka?" Somya's voice came through the door, sounding distressed. "I... I can't sleep again. I'm having those nightmares."

Darsh closed his eyes, frustration evident on his face. He took a deep breath, trying to compose himself. "Just a moment, Somya," he called out, his voice tight.

Kanishka sighed, her forehead resting against Darsh's shoulder. "Not again," she whispered, disappointment lacing her words.

Darsh gently lifted her face, looking into her eyes. "We'll continue this later," he promised, his tone reassuring.

Kanishka nodded, though the longing in her eyes mirrored his own. "Okay."

Darsh got up from the bed, quickly putting his shirt back on. He walked to the door and opened it, finding Somya standing there, looking just as distressed as the previous night.

"I'm sorry to bother you again," Somya said, her voice trembling. "But I just can't shake these nightmares."

Darsh forced a smile, trying to hide his frustration. "It's alright, Somya. Kanishka will stay with you again."

Kanishka got up from the bed, putting on her robe. She walked over to Somya, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Come on, let's get you settled."

As they walked away, Darsh watched them go, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. He knew something had to change, but for now, all he could do was hope that the situation would resolve itself soon.

Somya, on the other hand, hid her satisfaction well, her mind already plotting her next move. She had successfully driven another wedge between Darsh and Kanishka, and she intended to keep pushing until she got what she wanted.