A CONFESSION TO PRIYA

Part 37: A Confession to Priya

The sun was setting, casting a warm, golden glow over the city. Kanishka stood by the window of her bedroom, staring out at the skyline. She felt a mix of emotions, a blend of sadness and resignation. The days had turned into a blur of forced smiles and feigned happiness, and she was growing weary.

The doorbell rang, snapping her out of her thoughts. She knew who it was before she even answered. Priya had called earlier, insisting on coming over to check on her. Kanishka had agreed, needing the comfort of her best friend now more than ever.

She opened the door to find Priya standing there, a concerned expression on her face. "Kanishka," Priya said softly, pulling her into a warm hug. "How are you holding up?"

Kanishka hugged her back tightly, feeling a lump form in her throat. "Come in," she said, leading Priya to the living room.

They sat down on the plush sofa, and Priya took Kanishka's hands in hers. "Tell me everything," Priya urged gently.

Kanishka took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "Priya, I... I don't even know where to start. Everything feels so wrong."

Priya's eyes softened with understanding. "Take your time, Kanishka. I'm here for you."

Kanishka looked down at their joined hands, her voice barely above a whisper. "I'm not happy with Darsh. I thought maybe I could get used to this, that I could find a way to make it work. But I can't. Every day feels like a struggle, and I'm just trying to pass the days."

Priya frowned, her heart aching for her friend. "Why did you marry him, Kanishka? You were about to marry Ayan. What happened?"

Kanishka sighed, her eyes filling with tears. "It all happened so fast. One moment I was preparing for my wedding with Ayan, and the next... everything changed. Darsh... he manipulated the situation, and before I knew it, I was married to him."

Priya's grip on Kanishka's hands tightened. "I had a feeling something was off. Kanishka, you don't have to stay with him. There are ways out."

Kanishka shook her head, tears spilling down her cheeks. "I know, Priya. But it's not that simple. There are so many people involved, so many expectations. And Darsh... he's not making it easy."

Priya's expression hardened. "You can't let him control your life, Kanishka. You deserve to be happy."

Kanishka wiped her tears, taking a shaky breath. "I know. But right now, I'm just trying to get through each day. I don't know what to do."

Priya hugged her again, her voice filled with determination. "We'll figure it out together. You don't have to go through this alone."

Kanishka clung to Priya, finding comfort in her friend's unwavering support. "Thank you, Priya. I don't know what I would do without you."

They stayed like that for a while, the room filled with a heavy silence. Priya's presence was a balm to Kanishka's troubled heart, giving her the strength she needed to face the days ahead.

After a while, Priya pulled back, looking Kanishka in the eyes. "You need to take care of yourself, Kanishka. Don't let Darsh or anyone else dictate your happiness."

Kanishka nodded, her resolve strengthening. "I won't. I promise."

Priya smiled, squeezing her hands. "Good. Now, let's figure out a plan. You have options, Kanishka. And we'll explore every single one of them."

They spent the rest of the evening talking, discussing possibilities and strategies. Kanishka felt a glimmer of hope, knowing that she had Priya by her side. She wasn't alone in this, and together, they would find a way to reclaim her happiness.

As the night wore on, Kanishka felt a renewed sense of determination. She would face whatever came her way, and she would do it with courage. The road ahead was uncertain, but with Priya's support, she knew she could navigate it.

The future was still unclear, but Kanishka was ready to take control of her own destiny. No matter what challenges lay ahead, she would find a way to overcome them. And one day, she would find the happiness she deserved.