KANISHKA IS HERE

Part 28

**Darsh's Hideout**

Kanishka awoke in a dimly lit, well-maintained room. The walls were adorned with tasteful paintings, and the furniture was plush and comfortable, but the opulence did little to calm her racing heart. She tried the door, but it was locked from the outside.

"Where am I?" she muttered to herself, frustration boiling within her. "How did this happen?"

She remembered being at her wedding, ready to marry Ayan, and then everything went black. Panic surged through her as she paced the room, trying to piece together what had happened. Just as she began to search for another way out, she heard footsteps approaching. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she instinctively backed away from the door.

The door opened, and Darsh stepped in, his expression a mix of satisfaction and determination. "Good morning, Kanishka."

Kanishka's eyes widened in shock and anger. "Darsh! What is this? Why am I here?"

Darsh closed the door behind him and leaned against it, crossing his arms. "Welcome to your new home. For now, at least."

Kanishka's fists clenched at her sides. "You can't just kidnap me and expect me to stay here! This is insane, even for you!"

Darsh sighed, walking further into the room. "Insane? Perhaps. But necessary. You left me no choice, Kanishka."

Kanishka glared at him, her voice trembling with rage. "No choice? You're the one who betrayed my company, ruined my wedding, and now this? What do you want from me?"

Darsh sat down on the edge of the bed, his gaze intense. "I want you to understand the consequences of your actions. You think you can expose me, ruin my reputation, and walk away unscathed? It doesn't work that way."

Kanishka took a step back, her mind racing. "This is about revenge, isn't it? You couldn't handle the truth, so you decided to take matters into your own hands."

Darsh's eyes darkened. "It's more than that. This is about justice. Your father humiliated mine, and now you're trying to do the same to me. I won't let that happen."

Kanishka's anger gave way to a flash of confusion. "This is about our fathers? That's why you're doing all this?"

Darsh stood up, his expression cold. "It's about everything. Our families, our companies, and now us. You wanted a war, Kanishka, and you got one."

Kanishka shook her head, disbelief and frustration mingling in her eyes. "You're delusional. This won't end well for either of us."

Darsh's lips curled into a bitter smile. "We'll see about that. In the meantime, make yourself comfortable. You're going to be here for a while."

He turned to leave, but Kanishka's voice stopped him. "Darsh, this isn't the way to solve anything. You think keeping me here will fix what's broken between us?"

Darsh paused at the door, his back to her. "Maybe not. But it's a start."

With that, he left the room, locking the door behind him. Kanishka sank onto the bed, her mind a whirlwind of emotions. She had to find a way out of this mess, but for now, all she could do was wait and hope for an opportunity to escape.

---

**Back at the Venue**

Ayan was pacing the floor, his frustration and worry mounting with each passing minute. Aarushi stood nearby, her expression filled with guilt and concern.

"We need to find her, Aarushi," Ayan said, his voice tight. "She wouldn't just disappear like this."

Aarushi nodded. "I know, Ayan. But we need to be smart about this. If Darsh is involved, we need to tread carefully."

Ayan clenched his fists. "I won't let him get away with this. Not after everything he's done."

Aarushi placed a hand on his shoulder. "We'll find her, Ayan. But we need a plan."

Ayan took a deep breath, trying to calm his racing thoughts. "You're right. We need to figure out where he could have taken her."

Aarushi nodded, determination in her eyes. "Let's start by gathering information. Someone must have seen something."

As they began their search, the guests at the venue were still buzzing with confusion and speculation. The news of Kanishka's disappearance had spread quickly, and everyone was eager to know what would happen next.

---

**Back at the Hideout**

Kanishka sat on the bed, her mind working furiously. She knew she had to find a way out of this room and back to her life. But how? She glanced around the room, looking for anything that could help her escape.

Just then, she heard the door unlocking again. This time, a different figure entered. It was one of Darsh's associates, a man she didn't recognize.

He carried a tray of food and set it down on a small table. "Eat something. You'll need your strength."

Kanishka eyed the food suspiciously. "I'm not hungry."

The man shrugged. "Suit yourself. But you'll need to keep your strength up if you want to get through this."

As he turned to leave, Kanishka called out, "Wait. What's your name?"

The man paused, looking back at her with a hint of surprise. "Ravi."

Kanishka nodded, filing the information away. "Ravi, do you really think this is the right thing to do? Keeping me here like this?"

Ravi's expression softened slightly. "It's not my place to question Darsh's orders. Just try to make the best of it."

With that, he left the room, locking the door behind him. Kanishka sighed, feeling a flicker of hope. At least now she had a name. It wasn't much, but it was a start.

As she sat in the silence, she thought about Ayan and the life she had left behind. She knew he would be looking for her, and that gave her a small measure of comfort. She just had to hold on and find a way to get back to him.

For now, though, all she could do was wait and hope for an opportunity to escape. And when that moment came, she would be ready.