Part 74: Confrontation and Conflict

The next morning, Darsh felt the weight of the previous night’s events pressing down on him. He couldn’t shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong with Somya’s presence in their home. Determined to get to the bottom of it, he called Rishabh and asked him to meet for coffee.

“Darsh, you look like you haven’t slept a wink,” Rishabh said, concerned, as they sat down at a nearby café.

“I haven’t,” Darsh admitted. “Something’s going on with Somya. I saw her with Ayan at a restaurant, and she’s been acting suspicious ever since she moved in with us.”

Rishabh frowned, his protective instincts kicking in. “You need to confront her, Darsh. If she’s hiding something, it’s better to get it out in the open. You can’t have this kind of stress in your home, especially not with Kanishka being unaware of everything.”

Darsh nodded, feeling a sense of resolve wash over him. “You’re right. I’ll talk to her today.”

Returning home, Darsh found Somya in the living room. Her face lit up when she saw him, but his stern expression quickly wiped the smile away.

“Somya, we need to talk,” Darsh said, his voice cold and unyielding.

Somya’s eyes widened, and she nodded nervously. “Sure, Darsh. What’s wrong?”

“Don’t play dumb with me,” Darsh snapped. “I saw you with Ayan. What were you two talking about?”

Somya’s face paled, but she tried to recover quickly. “It was nothing, Darsh. He’s just an old friend.”

“An old friend?” Darsh scoffed. “Cut the crap, Somya. I know something’s going on, and I won’t have you lying to my face. I want you out of my house. Now.”

Somya’s eyes filled with tears, but Darsh’s heart had hardened. He turned away from her, refusing to let her manipulation sway him.

Kanishka walked in just as Somya was grabbing her things to leave. “Darsh, what’s going on?” she asked, bewildered.

Darsh clenched his jaw, knowing this wouldn’t be easy. “Somya is leaving. She’s been lying to us.”

Kanishka’s face fell, confusion giving way to anger. “You can’t just throw her out like that! What did she do?”

“It’s complicated, Kanishka. Trust me, this is for the best,” Darsh insisted.

“No, I won’t just trust you without an explanation!” Kanishka shot back. “You’re being unreasonable.”

Darsh’s temper flared. “I’m trying to protect us, Kanishka. Why can’t you see that?”

Kanishka glared at him, her eyes blazing with anger. “You’re not protecting anyone, Darsh. You’re being a bully.”

The argument escalated, their voices echoing through the house. Finally, exhausted and hurt, Kanishka stormed off to another room, slamming the door behind her. Darsh stood in the hallway, his heart heavy with regret.

That night, they slept in separate rooms for the first time since their wedding. The distance between them felt like an insurmountable chasm, and Darsh lay awake, staring at the ceiling, wondering how he could fix the mess they were in.