THE REVELATION

---

Part 24: The Revelation

The wedding pavilion shimmered under the soft glow of twinkling lights, its atmosphere tense with anticipation and lingering confusion. Ayan, adorned in traditional attire, stood at the altar, his heart heavy with a mix of excitement and apprehension. Guests whispered in subdued tones, their eyes flickering between Ayan and the veiled bride standing beside him.

As the final vows were exchanged and the sacred rituals drew to a close, the moment arrived for Aarushi to unveil her face. With delicate hands trembling slightly, she lifted the sheer veil that concealed her features. A collective gasp rippled through the gathering as her face was revealed.

Ayan's eyes widened in stunned disbelief, his breath catching in his throat. "Aarushi?" he murmured, his voice tinged with disbelief and betrayal. "But where is Kanishka?"

Aarushi met Ayan's gaze with a mixture of guilt and sorrow. Her voice barely above a whisper, she replied, "Ayan, I... I'm sorry. I didn't want it to happen like this."

Confusion and disbelief etched deep lines on the faces of the guests, their murmurs growing louder as they exchanged puzzled glances. Some leaned closer, straining to catch snippets of the unfolding drama.

Darsh, observing from a discreet distance, watched the scene unfold with a heavy heart. He had anticipated tension, but the extent of Ayan's shock was palpable. Darsh approached cautiously, his expression a mask of concern and empathy.

"Ayan," Darsh began, his voice gentle yet firm, "there seems to have been a misunderstanding."

Ayan turned to Darsh, his eyes blazing with a mix of anger and hurt. "A misunderstanding?" he snapped, his voice trembling with suppressed emotion. "How could this happen? Where is Kanishka?"

Aarushi stepped forward hesitantly, her eyes downcast with guilt. "Ayan," she started, her voice wavering, "I... I was asked to..."

Ayan's patience snapped, his voice rising with frustration. "By whom?" he demanded, his words echoing through the pavilion. "And where is Kanishka?"

Aarushi glanced nervously at the guests, unsure how to explain the inexplicable. "I... I thought..." she faltered, her voice trailing off as tears welled in her eyes.

The tension in the air was thick, charged with unanswered questions and unspoken accusations. Guests exchanged bewildered glances, whispering among themselves as they struggled to make sense of the unexpected turn of events.

Ayan turned away from Aarushi, his heart heavy with betrayal and confusion. "I need to find Kanishka," he declared, his voice tinged with determination. Ignoring the murmurs around him, he strode purposefully towards the exit, his mind racing with thoughts of Kanishka and the unsettling truth that had shattered his wedding day.

As Ayan disappeared into the gathering dusk, Darsh watched silently, his heart aching for the turmoil unfolding before him. He knew this revelation would irrevocably alter the lives of everyone involved, leaving scars that would take time to heal.

---

This part delves into the aftermath of Aarushi being unveiled as the bride instead of Kanishka, capturing the confusion, betrayal, and emotional turmoil among the guests and particularly Ayan. It sets the stage for further exploration of the consequences and revelations in the subsequent chapters.