Chapter 28

North Black

I woke up in a bed that didn't technically look like mine and beeping rang in my ears.

"She's awake!" A feminine voice yelled.

I blinked a couple times before realizing it was Jessica and I went back to sleep.

"North!" "North!" She shook me and I contemplated whether to punch her or not.

"What do you want?" I groaned covering my head with the sheets.

"Do you know where you are?" She asked.

Well hmm lets see. We damn well know that I'm not at a one direction concert and I'm not about to meet Zayn Malik so why should I care?

(me in school)

"No, where?"I responded.

"Your in the hospital" she said and I opened my eyes.

I saw my wrists linked to machines and one of those heart beat monitors that are on every nickelodeon sitcom.

"What? W-why am I here?" The doctor walked in and interrupted my question.

"Hello I'm Dr. Grayson. Are you her mother?"

"No. I'm her step-fathers girlfriend" he shot her a strange look.

"I'm watching her while he is out of town" she continued.

"and her parents?"

"They passed away"

"Oh sorry for your loss. North how old are you?"

"Fifteen" I spoke and got comfortable. He wrote something down on a piece of paper.

"Can we step into the hallway" he summoned her and Jessica walked towards him.

They walked out and closed the door behind them. I looked for a phone and found a house phone and I dialled Shawn's number.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey it's North"

"Oh hey North why are you calling from the hospital?"

"I'm in the hospital" I said realizing that wasn't an answer.

"Can you come, please?"

"Are you okay"

"Yeah. I think. I'll explain it when your here.. please. hurry"

I hung up and reclined my bed back and tried to think of ways to tell Shawn..

Shawn Mendes

I ran home like literally.

"Shawn hunny is everything alright?" My mom asked.

"Can you drive me to the hospital?!" I asked.

"Why?"

"My friend is in the hospital I need to go nowww" I stressed.

"Okay let's go" she said and we ran out the door and to her minivan.

I fastened my seatbelt and she zoomed out of the drive way and to the hospital.

I jumped out of the car before it was even in park and I ran inside and to the desk.

"North Black!" I yelled. "room 305" the lady said and I pounded the elevator button until it opened. I ran inside and selected floor three.
My heart was beating out of my chest I thought I was gonna pass out. I really hope she's okay ofcourse she's not she's in the hospital!

"Opennn" I became angry and the doors finally opened revealing the hospital hall.

I ran through and searched for her room number.

I found the room and twisted open the door and found her in the bed watching TV.

"North!" I shouted and hugged her.

"Hi Shawn" she hugged back. "What the hell happened!? Are you okay?" she nodded.

"Sit down" she said and I settled into a green padded chair.

"What?" I asked

"I tried to kill myself"

North Black

His mouth dropped and his expression softened. He looked hurt.

Tears filled my eyes as he stood up. I knew he was going to leave. But instead I moved over and he climbed into the bed with me.

I buried my head into his chest.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and he kissed my head.

"It's okay" he rubbed my back as I began to sob.