Chapter 56

North Black

countdown: 4 days till homecoming.

It was finally Friday and I had to go "dress" shopping for homecoming. Jay forced me to let Jessica come with, I had no interest in homecoming or dresses and I honestly could have just worn the dress I wore to Shawn's cousins wedding.

I rolled my eyes grabbing black leggings from my closet and putting them on with a white tee over.

"Already ready?" Jessica asked noticing my lack of effort. I know she was just trying to be nice and if Jay meant anything to me I would smile back at her to make him happy. I just laughed, my laugh came out sounding a lot bitchier than it did in my head but I didn't care. I put on some black uggs and a maroon sweater following Jessica to her car.

"Are you excited?" she asked me. "Not really." I responded. "Why not? When I was your age this would've have been the highlight of my life" she said. "Why cant I just wear jeans?" I complained and she rolled her eyes turning on the radio.

I sunk back in my chair as we pulled up to a random shop. I was greeted by some ladies and I just smiled at them walking to the back of the store. I sat down and let Jessica show me some dresses and denied every single one, not trying to be difficult they just weren't me as cheesy as that sounds.

But what even is me, I'm a mistake. Should I even be here? Not in this store on the earth, maybe I just don't belong here.

"How about this one?" She showed me a short poofy pink dress with sparkles on it which honestly disgusted me. "I'd look like a freaking cupcake" I remarked.

"What do you even want?" Jessica said, getting frustrated over the 14th dress I've rejected.

Hm lets see, to be skinny, for my parents to still be alive, to be back in Houston, to know where my brother is, Becca to die, to be loved, and to be dating Luke Hemmings but I guess life just doesn't work out.

"I like black, lace, and something semi long" I told her getting up and flipping through the hangers.

"What about this?" I picked up a floor length black lace dress.

"Sweetie" she said making me gag a little "I don't think the dress code would let you wear that"

"What it covers my entire body it just  shows some too. And it doesn't matter if I get kicked out the earlier get to leave" I said taking it into the change room.

I zipped the dress up and looked into the mirror. It looked good it just didn't look good on me then again what does.
I decided to just take it mostly because I didn't feel like going to another store.

I took a picture of myself in the mirror

to: wyatt
is this good?

I wasn't trying to be nonchalant I just really didn't mind.

from: wyatt
yes god yes. do you like it?

to: wyatt
im doing this for you

from: wyatt
well I think you look like my beautiful southern goddess

to: wyatt
thanks for the self esteem boost romeo

from: wyatt
I love us

to: wyatt
I know

"North you okay?" Jessica knocked on the door.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'll take it" I took the dress off and handed it to her.

I got dress again which was mentally and physically challenging and walked to the cashier, Jessica offered to pay for the dress I knew Jay gave her the money she isn't fooling anyone.

__________________________

short but i wanted to get something up and this is all I could think of