Chapter 61

play the song in the media while reading for extra feels actually tho it makes this 293739392929 times better

North's POV

I kept running as fast as I could, I felt my heel wobbling under me and I was almost positive it was gonna break cold air entering my bare chest I just kept running.

I reached the end of the hill, water touched the bottom of my dress, and I don't let it drip on my toes. I grabbed an emergency backpack I kept just I case I was to run away.

I pulled it out, taking a shirt and shorts? Crap I didn't update this to match winter. I rolled my eyes changing into them I also decided that flip flops are better than heels so. I ripped the pins out of. My hair and left it in a pony tail. Oh well maybe frostbite will kill me.

I took the pills out of my dress that was laying on the ground and climbed the conjoined tree.

I never belonged here anyways.

I stared at the pills in my hands not even thinking about it, I unscrewed the cap.

I poured the entire bottle in my hand and I lifted it to my mouth. A little part of me didn't want to open my mouth but I knew anything would be better than staying here.

"North!" I heard someone call.

"North!" Shawn ran up to the tree.

I closed my eye a tear slipping from my eye

"Stop! North, no!" Shawn yelled.

I shook my head and a tear fell "sorry shawn" I whispered.

"North don't!"

"I'm sorry.." I whispered lifting my hand up to my mouth and throwing them in

"I love you!" He screamed right before I fell.

I fell right on top of him, he landed right on his back and me on top of him.

I stood up and spit out all the pills into my hands, my stupid self couldn't figure out how to swallow something quickly so I just through them out.

I turned around and Shawn was standing right infront of me. He looked down at me, his warm brown eyes warming my numb skin.

He reached his hand and stroked my cheek.

"I love you North." He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"I love you" he repeated. "And I don't expect an answer I don't expect a response I just want you to know that I love you. I love every single inch of you inside and out. you are the nicest most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I've never been in love north I'm 16 I'm still afraid of the female species, but you make me so happy and needed and angry in a way that I don't really understand and make me feel like the luckiest guy on earth to just be able to stand infront of you. And I don't want a fake 'I love you too' because you will never love me as much as I love you no matter how much you tell me and even if you want me to punch me in the throat right now that's okay because I told you how I felt. And.. I love you North and I fucking love you." He said in one breath and he turned around dragging my fingers with me before he walked away.

I stood there out of breath and I just followed my gut and I ran to him. I ran as fast as I could and he turned around locking his eyes with mine and collided my lips with his.

His touch melted me sending chills through my body but not nervous chills not chills of excitement, warm chills.

Like the kind of chills a kid gets on Christmas morning, after asking for that one toy all year and you see that box and you already know what it is and all you ever wanted is in your hands and all you gotta do is unwrap it and it's yours. You feel like you couldn't wait anymore like you were going to go mad if you spent another second with out it. That's what kissing him felt like, warm chills.

Finally chills.

He wrapped his arms still in the sleeves of his tuxedo around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his waist. We pulled apart, out of breath from excitement, shock, or overjoy I couldn't tell but he just looked at me.

"I missed you" he said.

"I missed you too"

"And?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I love you" I said. Honestly. I did love him, I loved him more than anything. He brought me so much pain, happiness, anxiety, depression, and at sometimes complete rage for reasons I didn't understand, I loved this boy, I really did.