Chapter 45

Shawn Mendes

It was Monday and I was excited to see North. I want to know where it stands for us, are we back together? Are we friends? Was the whole thing a mistake and everything just stays the same?"

"Have a nice day!" My mom broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah okay bye!" I said and got out of my mom's minivan and the door shut behind me.

I saw North in the hall and she was opening her locker.

Should I talk to her?

I began to approach her but the bell rang and she slammed closed her locker and walked to her English class.

I sighed and walked to math since I didn't want to be late.

Lunch.

So I thought that she maybe would want to sit with us at lunch but she was sitting at her usual table with a brunette who looked pretty upset with her.

Whatever. I'll talk to her before she goes home.

We had science together next period so I figured I could maybe talk to her. She came and sat down in the seat next to me.

"H-"

"Hello class!" Mr. Nomagatchi interrupted.

"As you all know the science fair was this week. Congratulations Aiden for taking home first place."

"Yaayy" the class said sarcastically.

"As you all know we're going on my annual earth day field trip soon."He said.

"But. I saw a lot of cool psychological experiments as science projects this weekend"

"Does this mean we don't have to go on the field trip!" TJ interrupted.

"No. We're still doing that it's just instead of earth inspired projects this year I want you to create the coolest most amazingest psychological experiment ever! So if you need test monkeys I mean subjects please don't use people from this class and make it appropriate!" He called out

"How much will this count on out finial grade?" North asked

"Alot."

"Oh"

"So do a good job!" He exclaimed.

"Okay so here are your partners. Listen. Then go sit with them."

*cue a bunch of fake names I'm not creative*

"Noah and North!" He called out.

Well that was disappointing.

"Shawn and Katie!" He said.

That was even more disappointing.

I knew Jake would be pretty excited that I got pared up with Katie Waters but that was the last of my thoughts.

"Get in your pairs!" He called and North got up and sat down next to Noah I sighed and got up but Katie sat down in North's old spot.

"Hey" she sighed.

"Hi" I said forcing a little smile.

"I'm Shawn... If you didn't em know?" I said.

"Katie" she smiled. Her dimples showing. She was a sweet girl, but I would prefer North. You know a girl who could protect herself and eat some chicken with bones in it, a real, respectable, girl.

"Your.. cute" she smiled.

"Thanks" I sighed lighty rubbing my sweaty palms on my jeans.

"So. Let's get started. What do you want the project to be on?" I said.

"Umm we could brain storm now and research some ideas at my place"

"Or I could just write some down and we can pick one?"

"No! It's cool meet me at my place tonight.." She said

"Isn't it a bit early?"

"No! The earlier we start the earlier we finish!" She smiled and I shrugged, ripping out a blank piece of paper from my notebook..

North Black

I went and sat down next to this supposed.. "Noah"

I was kinda upset that Shawn got pared up with Katie, after what she did to me but he's not into her anyways so I have nothing to worry about, hopefully.

I don't even care though. We shouldn't be speaking.

I stared at the guy I'm supposed to be working with waiting for him to say something.

"Isn't it a bit early?" I heard Shawn ask.

"No! Meet me at my place.." She said

I can't believe her.

"So. What do you want the project to be on" I said starting the conversation.