Chapter 36

North Black

It was finally the last day of camp. We were having a little bit of a camp fire and I sat around the logs.

My arms were around my friends, God that felt good to say.

"I'm gonna miss you guys" I complained.

"Aww!!!" They said and hugged me pushing me over and we got up laughing.

"Let's sing a song!" Vanessa suggested.

"I don't sing" I said.

"Oh come on we heard you sing in the shower your an angel!" they exclaimed.

"K come on" they said.

"Fineeee" I groaned.

"Impossible?"

"Sure" we shrugged and some kid turned on his phone, probably be

"I remember years ago someone told me I should take caution when it comes to love, i did" Naomi sang. "And you were strong and I was not, my illusion my mistake you were careless, I forgot, I did"

"And now when all is done
There is nothing to say
You have gone and so effortlessly
You have won
You can go ahead tell them" I sang.

"Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the sky line
All we had is gone now" I continued.

"Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible" Addison sang.

We finished the song and the people around us clapped before posting it on YouTube.

We roasted marshmallows and got ready to return to the hell that would be school on Monday.

•••

We woke up and changed and I went out to the yard, me and Addison took one more picture together before leaving onto the bus the next thing I know I'm being woken up by some blonde kid at the hospital.

"Hi hunny!" My dad exclaimed and I completely ignored him and walked towards the car.

"Someone in a bad mood?" He asked and I slammed the door behind me.

"Yes me I didn't need that and you know it!" I said.

"You'll thank me later" he drove. My phone started beeping with texts and I slipped it out of my pocket and read them.

From: shawn
hey im rlly srry i cant see u on friday

From: Shawn
we can meet up at the tree on saturday?

To: shawn
ok

I entered some of the girls numbers before turning it off and walking into my house.

I threw my suitcase on the floor and made myself some cinnamon toast crunch.

I brought my bowl upstairs and immediately opened my laptop and started watching YouTube but the thought kept haunting me.

Why did Shawn not want to meet me?

I thought he'd be the first there waiting for me. Was Addison right? Is he really gonna dump me?

__________________________

I really want cereal but it's 11 o'clock at night sooo