Chapter 18

North Black

Jay picked me up and I went straight to the forest.

This was always and "escape" but I have nothing to escape from now. I mean I have a friend, school isn't miserable, and Jay's leaving soon so my life is sorta falling into place.

Shawn came and found me by the log.

"Hey" he smiled sitting down. "Today was fun" he said.

"Yeah thanks for coming with me" I smiled back.

"No problem. I love spending time with you"

Little ducks came out of the water and walked towards us.

"Oh this is fluffy"

"You named the duck?" He laughed.

"Yes it's so cute! It's mom died soo I took care of it for a while until it got another mom" I petted it.

"Touch it he's nice" I picked it up and Shawn literally tapped it with his finger and I laughed and let it go.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"My parents"

"What happened?" I moved closer.

"They don't want me leaving as often there getting worried"

"God I'm so sorry" I shook my head.

"Why?" He asked

"I always do this. I barge into people's life and mess up stuff and I just.. I'm an idiot I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault"

"Yes it is" he took my hand squeezed it

"i won't give up on you this easily.. I really like you North"

I stayed quiet.

We can always text.

"I don't have a phone"

"I thought you gave your number to Jacob?"

"My step dad put a tracker on my phone and I destroyed it so he couldn't find.. this" I looked around.

"I have a laptop and Tumblr and FaceTime and Twitter though.."

"Why would he put a tracker on your phone though?"

Guess I'm doing this.

"I used to live in Houston with my brother Austin and my Mom. Austin joined the military and my f-father. He became abusive. He beat me and my mom and soon started drinking which made it worse. I lifted up my shirt and showed him scars I had on my ribs and waist line because of him.

"He went through a religious phase and was well nice. After opening presents on Christmas morning he went to the kitchen to get me some chocolate milk and he came back with a gun. He pointed it at me.." I stopped and tears fell from my eyes.

I wiped them and Shawn rubbed my back.

"My mom jumped infront of it" I said and cried some more.

"Then... he turned it on himself"

"Me and my mom moved on and he started dating Jay. She died in a car accident and Jay got a job transfer and here I am" I tried to smile.

"He put a tracker on my phone because my mom told him that I was a runner" I wiped my tears.

"That's why I was said never leave me. Because I have no one left. I have no contact with my family and Austin doesn't even know mom is dead." I cry.

"I never had a friend and now your all I have left.... please. stay." I cried into him and he hugged me.

"I promise" he said

"Promise what?"

"I promise never to leave you" he said and extended out his pinky.

I linked mine with his and he smiled.

"Your such a dork" I laughed with him.

He wrapped his arm around me and I cuddled into him as we watched the sun dance over the water.

It was silent for a good ten minutes and my tears were dry

He stared into me but I didn't turn.

His two fingers touched my cheek and turned my head to face him.

We locked eyes and my lips slightly parted.

He started to lean in and our lips met-