Chapter 25

North Black

It was finally Friday and I walked to school. I was getting pretty tired of my house but Jay wasn't gonna be home in another week.

"Hey princess" Shawn greeted me and I smiled.

"Hi"

"What's wrong.."

"I want to runaway"

"Why?"

"I can't stand Jessica anymore"

"Oh she can't be that bad"

"Yes! She's so protective and I'm so sick of her"

"Well Jay's coming home soon and she'll be gone."

"I guess" I shrug.

"One thing you need to always remember is that life is a puzzle. It looks like a big mess but soon every piece is gonna click and you'll have yourself a beautiful picture" he said.

"But I can't wait anymore"

"Promise me you'll keep pushing" he said.

"Okay" I said barley audible and he kissed my head and took my hand.

I walked to my locker and took my books out and made my way to science.

"Hey guys look it's west!" Some girl yelled

"No I thought her name was South" the girl I told off said. Natasha I think her name was.

"And I thought you had a life hmm I guess we're both wrong" I smirked.

"Ohhhh" the class chuckled.

I sat down and people patted my back.

"North strikes again" People high fived me and shook my shoulder.

"Okay class! The revolutionary war!" My teacher started and my mind wandered for the two hours in that prison cell.

It was finally lunch after I starved to death.

I sat down at Shawn's friends usual table.

"Fooood. God I've never been more happy to eat in my entire life." I took a bite and Ryan laughed.

"Cute necklace" he said and I wiped the mustard off my face with a napkin.

"Oh thanks" I held it in my hands.

"Shawn gave it to me.." I continued speaking with my hand over my mouth.

"It's pretty" he said and I smiled back at him and finished the rest of my sandwich.

Shawn came and sat down "hey mustard" he laughed.

"What?"

"You have mustard on your face.." he wiped it off with his thumb.

"Gone?"

"Yeah" he nodded.

"You guys are so cute together" Becca said.. genuinely.

Everyone was mostly confused by this but Jake changed the centre of attention when he sat down.

"What's up?"

"Nothing much" Ryan responded.

"Where's Jacob?"

"Coming" Becca responded and he came shortly after.

"Hey babee" she said and and they kissed which so made us extremely uncomfortable.

We talked for a while but I just quietly ate.

"Hey North can we talk?" Becca asked.

"Um is it absolutely necess-" she grabbed my hand and began to pull me.

"Okay okay I'm coming" I follow behind her and she let go and Shawn grabbed my other hand.

"If you don't come back in 30 minutes I'll call an ambulance" he whispered to me and I laughed and walked away.

I followed her pink sweatshirt through the crowds of people to outside.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked and sat down on a bench.

"Listen I know I haven't been the kindest person in the world.."

Yeah. No kidding.

"But that's only because me and Jacob dated in 7th grade then broke up. Our parents stayed friends and he still had feelings for me until he met you. I was kind of jealous because I mean look at you!" She said.

"Your so beautiful and you literally look like a GODDESS. I mean your eyelashes like either your really fake and wearing 5 pounds of makeup or your just this pretty"

"I'm not wearing makeup"

"Oh my god. Like your butt is so perky and your so funny and like your personality in general like your amazing"

"Wow okay I get it"

"And I feel bad for hating you over a guy but I'm over it. Lets become friends..trust me" she smiled.

Her pink sweatshirt hung so far off her shoulders her boobs were basically falling out.

Her long black hair hung over her and she split her bright pink lipstick soaked lips into a smug smile.

I know she's Becca but she's never tried anything directed personally at me and if she's actually this happy about it she must not be planning too.

Oh come on North this isn't Pretty Little Liars get over yourself.

"Okay. I trust you" I smiled.

"Great!"

"Let's go get our nails done after school!!" She smiled.

"Actually Shawn was gonna take me to his cousins hockey game"

"Oh who needs him! You have a friend now"