Chapter 58

North Black

countdown: 2 days till homecoming

I woke up with Wyatt by my side.

"Wyatt" I shook him and he woke up

"what? What happened?" He panicked "we slept in" I groaned.

Though nothing happened, I barely remember anything, we fell asleep over the covers watching reruns of Spongebob so it was pretty obvious.

"What time is it?" He asked and I switched on my phone, "ten-thirty" I responded.

"Should we go?" He asked.

"At lunch maybe?" I said and he nodded.

"So what do you want to do for three hours?" I asked

He smirked and I hit him.

"What?"

"I know what your thinking" I said and he laughed.

"Come on let's go make something" he got up pulling me by the arms.

We walked down he stairs and too his kitchen.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked and I shrugged. "Pancakes?" I asked and he nodded getting pancake batter out of the cupboard.

He poured the batter in the bowl adding milk water and eggs.

I stood beside him, not helping at all but just talking about absolutely everything.

"So are you going to help like at all?" He asked me and I dipped my finger in the batter and shook my head tasting it, and he chuckled.

"Your hair is getting longer than mine" I said touching his bright red hair.

"Go away" he groaned grabbing my little hands and pulling them away from his face.

I laughed to myself, popping a grape in my mouth.

"So how much.."

I dipped my two fingers in the batter and splattered it on his face.

"Whoops" I smirked eating another grape.

"You didn't!" He yelled jokingly and I ran but he grabbed my waist pouring  a handfull of batter on me.

"Wyatt!"

"Oops" he shrugged copying me.

I picked up the whole bowl and he ran around through the separating doors.

We chased around the dining table, he teased me running back and forth. I eventually gave up and jumped the table spilling batter on him.

He grabbed me immediately stopping me from banging my head on the table, but I didn't thank him.

He picked up some batter from the flow and flicked it at me and I did the same.

We play fought for a while before he just put the empty bowl on my head and I sat there crouched down and laughing.

"Should we just go buy some pancakes?" He asked me and I nodded laughing with the bowl still on my head.

"Come on" he helped me up and took the bowl of my head kissing my cheek manly to lick the batter off my face.

•••

"So what happened?" He asked me as I ripped a piece of the syrup soaked pancake and putting it in my mouth ignoring the forks.

"What?" I asked him.

"The military guy. Was he your brother?"

"No um. He was giving news about him."

"Is he okay?"

I looked down. "Turns out he never wasn't."

"Wh-"

"He went missing 7 years ago. They found his body.. He was kidnapped by the enemy and at one point he just.. killed himself." I said.

"I'm getting adopted Wyatt. I have no family left."

"You have me."

"Your all I have left and your all I need."

__________________________

this book is ending soon :((