Chapter 14

for extreme feels I recommend playing the song in the media while reading.

Shawn Mendes

We finished school and I met up with North right before she got picked up.

"Do you wanna go do something later?" I asked and "yeah sure meet you at the tree?". "Great don't take too long to get ready" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Oh that's Jay see you later" she smiled and got into the passenger seat.

I got home and told my family I was hanging out with a friend.

I know I was loosing their trust because I would make up excuses to leave as soon as I got home then come home late at night but that's future Shawn's problem.

I walked into the forest and I saw her standing there.

She was wearing tight light wash skinny jeans, black combat boots, a white shirt that stopped right before her belly button and a military style jacket.

Her butt looked really nice but that would be creepy to say aloud.

"Hi" I managed to speak out.

"Hey" she smiled and wrapped her arm around my shoulder like she was the guy and swung me.

"Where are you taking me" she laughed.

"There is no easy way to say this but are you high?" I asked.

"No! I'm just happy" she smiled.

"Okay" I said in a kind of disbelief tone behind it.

"Seriously!" She slapped my chest.

"Okay, okay I believe you" I said.

"Kay guess what!" She shouted randomly and jumped in front of me.

"What?"

"My step dad is going on a 2 week business trip to Sweden!" She shouted.

"yay?"

"I get the house all to myself!!" She jumped and I jumped with her making the same shrieking noises.

"Ugh I'm so excited!" She smiled.

"I'm happy for you" I said. K Shawn relax its not like she's getting married.

"K where are you taking me?" She asked a bit calmer and we continued to walk.

"Well we could get some food to celebrate?" I asked.

"Awesome! McDonald's?" She asked.

"This is why I love spending time with you" I said and she flipped her hair and I laughed.

We walked up to the hill and crossed the street to a McDonald's.

(The picture in the media is Shawn's view. Yes that is North)

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "God why is this so hard?" She asked.

"Because I'm taller than you" I brushed her arm off me and put my arm on her shoulder.

"And that's why it's a guy thing" I finished my sentence and she rolled her eyes.

We entered a McDonald's and the smell of obesity filled our noses.

Lean On started playing on the radio and I could sense she liked this song because her hips were moving slightly.

"Damn Shakira those hips don't lie" I whispered.

"What?" She asked.

"Nothing" I smiled like and idiot and shook my head at my clever pick up line.

"What would you guys like?" The cashier asked. "BLT" she said.

"Two BLT combos crispy" I said and he tapped the little computer thingy.

"That it?"

"Yeah" I nodded.

We walked over to the side and they handed us our food.

We sat down at a booth and she opened her fried and dipped them in ketchup.

"I love fries" she said.

Is stuck two fries in my mouth

"Wook iwm a walwas" (look I'm a walrus) I said and she giggled.

We finished but mostly played with our food and threw out the garbage.

She still had a little bit of her half nestea and half rootbeer left when we got back to the forest.

Right before we were about to sit down she spoke.

"Cheers?" She said.

"To what?" I asked confused.

"To friends. I never knew how wonderful they were until I met you..." she said and her eyes got watery.

I engulfed her in a big bear hug.

Her hair was so soft and she smelt pretty.

"thank you for not giving up on me" she whispered her voice shaking like she was about to cry and I held her tighter.

"Never leave me" she said and I felt a tear drop on my shoulder.

"It's okay" I rubbed her back.

We sat down on a log and she took a big sigh to stop crying and she wiped away her mascara which wasn't running.

I knew she wanted to cry some more so I wrapped my arm around her and rubbed her arm.

I leaned my head on hers. "it's okay" I whispered to her and kissed her head and I saw her smile.

I kept rubbing her shoulder as her dimples got more visible as she drank down her rootbeer-ice tea.