Chapter 34

I'm gonna try to make longer chapters so the book is under 50 chapters long

Shawn Mendes

It was Tuesday and I actually really missed North. I got dressed, walked downstairs and I ate the pancakes my mom had made me and my sister.

"Shawn what's wrong? You've been really depressed lately" my mom asked

"North went to some recovery camp" I said.

"It's actually not a recovery camp-" Aaliyah started. "What? I did my research" she said in defence.

"Oh honey, she's coming back right?" My mom asked.

"Yes. On Friday. I can't wait to see her" I smiled.

"actually we have Aunt Jenny's final wedding rehearsal on Friday. That's why your not going to school on Thursday"

"Ughh I forgot" I groaned.

"Sorry" my mom got up and put our plates in the sink. "At least you'll get to see her on Saturday and then you can ask her to the wedding on Sunday!"

"Yeah.."

"You didn't ask her to the wedding yet?" Aaliyah asked.

"No. Because we were sort of dating in secret and plus if I asked her and she said yes, her step dad would be all "where you going" then goodbye us"

"That made no sense. You should have just asked her" Aaliyah responded.

"Yea.. oh well" I shrugged.

We entered the car and drove to school. It was raining and I watched the rain drops drip down the window.

"Bye! Have a great day sweetie!" My mom smiled. "Okay" I closed the car door and walked into my highschool.

*skip all the school stuff*

It was lunch finally, and I walked towards the pizza line. I grabbed a slice and sat down at our usual table.

"Hey. North's been gone for like 3 days now. Is she still alive?" Jake laughed, I know he meant it in a light tone since he didn't know about the suicide but it still hurt.

"Yeah. She's visiting family out of town" I said.

"Oh" Ryan said.

"Hey guys!" Becca smiled and sat down.

"Hi becca" They said in a mono tone and I laughed a little.

"Where's North?" She asked.

"Out of town" I said.

"Really? Cause I saw her dad drop you off on Monday?"

"Yeah. She went together to go visit her brother in Houston."

"By herself"

"Yes Becca!" Jake snapped. "No she went with Obama.. god" He added sarcastically.

School ended shortly after an do just went home and scrolled through Twitter and got bored.

I used to write songs and I was working on one for North.

I picked up my guitar and my song book.

(The italics are the things that he already wrote)

I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there

So when it gets hard, don't be afraid
When she told me she wanted to runaway.

We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cause you just said so
when she dragged me out to the fair when we skipped school

Let them all go home, we out late
We don't care what them people say
When I got in trouble by staying in the forest with her until like ten.

We don't have to be ordinary
When we first kissed and I told her that we didn't have to be ordinary.

Make your best mistakes

Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
When she told me that she's sorry for trying to end her life and getting me in trouble.

So baby be the life of the party
When she was sad when she was in the hospital so I got her Chinese food.

I'm telling you to take your shot it might be scary
Hearts are gonna break
'Cause we don't have the time to be sorry
So baby be the life of the party

Together we can just let go
That night when we played basketball together.

Pretending like there's no one else here that we know
When we got kicked out of the movies.

Slow dance fall in love as the club track plays
We don't care what them people say

I smiled at the memories flowing through my mind. I can't wait till she gets back and I can write more of our memories in. Maybe she misses me as much as I miss her. I wonder what she's doing right now.

(north pov)

•••

"ALL I SEE IS SIGNS ALL I SEE IS DOLLA SIGNS!!" We yelled "OHHHHHHH MONEY ON MY MIND MONEY MONEY ON MIND" We sang loudly.

"Girls dinner!" Our teacher yelled and we stopped the music.

A girl closed her laptop and we walked to the cafeteria/dining hall.

I know it's stupid but the camp was alot better than I thought it was.

There was 12 HUGE BUNK BEDS in one giant room. So basically 24 girls and 6 bathrooms. Other than that EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. was a bullying victim so there was actually no bullying and all the girls were super nice. It really reminded me that you're not alone and you never will be.

"What would you like?" The chef asked.

CHEF. THERE WAS A BUFFET.

if they had Shawn and wifi was here I would live here.

I walked towards the line and collected my food.

I admired my plate before walking to the table where most of the girls that talked to me sat.

I sat next to Addison and Brianna.

"Hey North"

"Hey" I smiled.

"Looks like you like the food here" another girl smiled.

"Yeah" I laughed and took a bite of my burger.

I saw a man and a woman stand up on a chimney.

"Hey guys! My name is Mitchell, this is my friend Alex!" He announced.

"Shut up!!" She called and the room was silenced.

"This is Mitchell and I'm Alex. We're going to be your mentors for the next 5 days" She repeated.

"Remember! this isn't a boot camp, this isn't a recovery camp, it's an escape! And it was made to make you feel belonged. Which you are! In every single second of your life! So have fun! And since every one of you are bullying victims I shouldn't have to say this twice, treat people as you yourself would want to be! In other words be nice. Now eat." Alex announced and they hopped off the fire place.

I finished my hamburger and threw out the remains.

"To be completely honest" I started to Addison, "this place isn't terrible. I thought I would just have to fake a smile but-"

"Shh! Listen they have a system. It's weird, they can tell a person's depressed from like a mile away. You could smile non-stop for the next week and still end up in a mental hospital."

"They told you that too?"

"Sweetie I've been here three times. I've seen. This place is just a death trap coated in pretty colours and cotton candy" she whispered and I nodded.