Chapter 35

North Black

The next day I woke up and changed, we were in a "hotter" part of Canada and they allowed us to wear shorts.

So I slipped on shorts with a panda bear hoodie to try to make up for the lack of clothing. I tied on some black and white converse and made my way to the cafeteria.

I slapped some pancakes and my plate and poured some syrup and sat at the same table as yesterday.

We've all made friends but a little part of me kind of wanted to go sit with the boys.

Ever since I was little I found very few interest in girls. For example, in first grade all of the girls were playing in the corner.

"This is the mommy!" one girl, Kayla exclaimed.

"Pre-pretend that we're sisters okay!?"A girl named Sophie said.

"Okay! Let's live together" Kayla suggested.

I stood in the corner with my hands in my overall pockets and looked down at them.

I looked pretty cute in my outfit though. I was wearing a white shirt with black lining across the edges, full overalls that were cuffed at the bottom and low top black and white converse.

Yes ladies. I came out of the womb wearing converse.

"Nor! Want to play!?" They asked me.

In my opinion they looked extremely idiotic playing with a bunch of dolls. I never found what was so interesting, trucks and racecars that was interesting.

"No!"

"Why not!?" They asked.

"No reason"

Because you look stupid, that's why.

"It's because she's a boy!!" Kayla shouted.

"Nor is a booyy! Nor is a booyy!" They sang and I just walked away.

(Yes, my nickname was Nor then)

When I was born I was literally the chillest possible child ever. I didn't cry ever. People thought there was something wrong. I kinda just sat there. I was always curious, always wanted to find out what was next.

I walked over to the "boy" side of the room and sat down next to a boy named Luke.

I picked up a big red truck and began to make little boards out of Lego to fill the trunk with.

"Why were those girls calling you a boy?" He asked me and I shrugged.

"I think your cute" He said.

"Eww gross!"

And that's how Regina George died.

"North!" The girls snapped their fingers to get my attention.

"What sorry?" I snapped back into reality.

"It's time for a lecture" they said.

"Oh right sorry" I got up and followed the crowd of girls.

We sat down on the floor in a circle like in forth grade.

"So! We're going to go around and your gonna tell us your name, your story in the shortest possible way, and one piece of advice you could give to people off of your experiences with life." Mitchell said.

"So green shirt you can start. Make sure I get your name so I don't have to keep calling you guys by your shirt colour" Alex said.

"Hi my name is Kayla. Umm my parents got divorced and I was too upset to eat and I got rushed to a hospital because I almost died of starvation. One tip of advice, reacting negatively to an already pretty negative issue, action or situation can make it ten times worse"

Every child did the same they told they're story. In the nicest way possible these kids have nothing on them compared to me.

"Um my name is North. My father became abusive and and started hurting me and my mom, then he became a raging drug addict and found peace somehow. He went to the kitchen to get me something one day and then came back with a gun, he pointed it at me and my mother stepped infront of it and then he turned it on himself. My mom started dating this guy named Jay and then she passed away so now I live with Jay." I said.

"Umm one piece of advice..... Find that one thing that makes you smile and keep it close while you fight this, because you will fight this, and you will win"