cinquenta e um

The next day

Cristiano's POV

I wake up and decide to check up on Tatijana. She's still on the couch sleeping. This is as peaceful as I've seen her in a long time and I don't know what happened last night but Jr might I know they trust each other with everything so I go to his room and knock.

"yeah," I hear him say from the other side of the door.

I walk in, "hey dad."

"morning how are you?" I ask him, he looks like he's been awake for a while.

"I'm fine you?"  He gets up from his bed.

"good," I nod my head.

"do you know where Tati is?" That just makes bringing her up easier.

"in the living room sleeping," I tell him bluntly.

"she slept here?" He looks at me confused.

I shrug my shoulders, "yeah she was tired I guess."

"oh okay," he nods his head understanding.

"you were with her yesterday did she seem upset?" I start. I will never stop worrying about her even when I know she's fine.

"yeah why?" I don't know how to answer without getting him to worry about her.

"no reason, did she tell you anything?" This feels with an interrogation now but I just want to know exactly what happened and I know she won't tell me. She tells me everything but she doesn't like me worrying about her so she wont tell me the full truth.

"she was just saying how she misses Joao, and how she misses uncle Hugo and I tried to make her feel better but I'm not really sure how well it worked, because she puts on a brave face y'know?" He tells me honestly. I have a lot of struggles but she deals with so much more and sometimes, I feel like I'm being oblivious.

She tends to keep her feelings to herself, even if she's going through hell she comes to me with a smile. I like to think I take her mind off of things but I could never really tell you. She always makes time for family even in her darkest times. And I know she doesn't like talking about her problems but that's what she needs sometimes.

"well thank you for trying," I tell Jr. He does try his hardest and I'm grateful for it.

"why? What happened is she okay?" I knew he would start overthinking everything but it's not his job to stress about her it's me and Gio's job.

"nothing," I shake my head, "don't worry she's okay she just needs to rest."

"not today." Cris tells me seriously, "we're going out."

"who?" I ask confused. I didn't know he had plans.

"just me and her," I sigh. I know they haven't spent time just them two in a while but now isn't good.

"I'm sorry but you're gonna have to take a rain-check," I tell him calmly knowing he's going to be upset.

"but you said she's fine so why can't we go?" He argues back.

"she is fine but I need to keep an eye on her." Sometimes Cris is hard to deal with and I love him but sometimes I wish I didn't have to explain all my choices. I wish he'd just accept them since I'm his dad.

"please dad I haven't spent time with her in ages," he's practically begging. I know he won't let it go easily though.

"no, I told you she needs to rest she had a long night you lot are tiring," I joke trying to distract him at the serious situation at hand.