The First Few Weeks

You already know that I am a ghost right now so thank you to anyone who is reading this especially if anyone has followed, voted, or commented!

sorry if you somehow saw this when I accidentally published this a few days ago!

POV Nico

My eyes fluttered open in the blindingly white room and landed on the tanned face of a boy. The boy in question I realized 34 seconds later was Will Solace. The guy who I had been dating for around a week.

"How are you? Are you all right? Do you need anything?" he pelted me with questions.

"I um, I don't know? What happened?" I didn't know if I was flustered or about to pass out again. Given the circumstances I thought ether would be reasonable.

I was lying in the infirmary in a fresh set of clothes, how on earth did I get into those, with my very recent boyfriend. Why would I not be nervous?

"Oh, yeah. There was a hellhound and..." he trailed off leaving me to do the rest of the work in figuring out what had happened though, I was not complaining. Monster attacks happened rather regularly so it wasn't uncommon for campers to get injured doing them.

"Ok." I said then attempted to sit up.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he told me but I didn't listen.

Then regretted it two seconds later.

"Auh."

"I would say I told you so but, I'm not that petty." I gave him a look and he laughed. I then smiled.

I wanted to be comfortable around Will again like all of the other couples or how we were before we started dating but I didn't know how. I was just so afraid that I would mess up and.

"You ok?" Will asked with a concerned look on his face. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

"Yeah I'm fine," I said but even I could tell it sounded more like I was trying to convince myself of that fact, which I was.

"Ok," he said, then seemed unsatisfied with his response. "Nico, you know that since we are um.. Well dating. You can uh, like tell me stuff, like. I Uh! I just want you to know that I really like you and I won't leave you!" The way he said the words almost made me want to cry. Even though I knew or at least suspected most of it before hearing him say it meant the world to me.

He then opened his arms, offering them to me.

"Thank you!" I said then with a little bit of hesitation burying my face in his chest.

It was the next morning when I realized that I had fallen asleep in my boyfriend's arms.