If It Didn't Happen Like That

This is the next part of Before all that but is also kind of a standalone.

Also this is a kind of AU where the trials of Apollo is slightly irrelevant. It may happen but I don't know yet so, stuff may happen differently than the book timeline.

Please do not get offended by any of this. I added a bunch of my headcanons here which are my opinions.

POV Nico

The first date went amazing. And the second and soon after that then third. I didn't know why I didn't expect it to go well. It was Will Solace after all the boy who I had been admiring for years even though I denied it. For most people after looking at all of this it would be perfectly logical for someone to ask them on a date. Unfortunately most people were not me.

"So you," I pointed to Will. "Want to be my boyfriend?!" We were standing behind the Hades cabin like always talking in low towns aside from the small scream I had let out at Will's offer. Despite having already been on three dates no one knew about us and I was planning on keeping it that way.

Will's face fell at what I said. "I get it if you don't want to. We've only been on a few dates and-"

"Of course I want to date you, idiot I just. I-," I stopped for a moment trying to figure out how to phrase the words. "I want to date you but I don't want anyone to know. And it's not that I'm ashamed to be with you or anything, it's just..."

"You don't want to be out to the camp yet?" Will half asked half filled in for me. After saying the words he silently reached out his arms offering but not commanding, and with that I was reminded of all of the reasons I like and liked Will so dam much.

I basically fell into my new boyfriend's arms. He pulled me across his body bringing me a kind of comfort I never remember having before.

"Nico, I understand you can talk to me about whatever you want." with those words I stiffened slightly, reminded of everything I couldn't tell him.

In a minute I was shaking or he was shaking me, I forget. All I remember is remembering that place. Not being able to get it out of my head. I'm never able to get it out of my head why would I be able to do it now, I chide myself.

"Nico, what's wrong? Please tell me what's wrong?" I could hear the pain in his voice. Was I doing something to him by accident?

I snapped out of my thoughts, nightmares, hallucinations, whatever you want to call it. I sat up and looked a panicked Will in the eyes.

"I'm fine," I told him, not knowing if I was lying.

"Nico, what was that?" He asked me, worried.

"I, uh I, I don't know what to call it. PTSD I think?" I said hesitantly. I knew exactly what it was. A mix of PTSD and a long list of other things.

"Nico, you need to go to some sort of therapy for that. I can do it for you or set something up-" I stopped him mid sentence.

"No Will, you can't. I will tell you this, I do go to a therapy session."

"With who?" He asked. I knew he was worried and just trying to help but I could not let him get involved. I refuse to tell anyone about the majority of the things I have faced besides Percy and Annabeth. They are the only two people who really understand what I've been through. Even then Annabeth doesn't know everything and even Percy has a hard time relating sometimes. Neither of them went through it alone. Not like me.

"I. Percy and Annabeth," I told him reluctantly.

"Neither of them is a licensed therapist or any kind of doctor," Will pointed out. It was at that moment that I desperately wanted to tell him that Annabeth's cousin would sometimes join in and help since he had some kind of mind healing thing but I was bound by many oaths both to my father, for work related reasons, and Percy and Annabeth, for the first time I met her cousin, which was not actually the first time I met him.

"WillI can't and refuse to burden anyone else with the things I have been through!" I had no idea how no one had found us yet behind the Hades cabin but I was not complaining.

"That is what a therapist is for!"

"I'm not telling anyone about how I went to Tartarus!"

"You what?" Will's voice was low but deliberate. There was so much shock in it.

"I-"

"You went to Tartarus Nico, the Greek hell?!"

"Yes, that place. Now that I have explained the majority of this and my reasons for not sharing we should really get going."

"Yeah," Will said dejectedly. I hesitated for a moment then, wrapped my arms around his waist. Then after another moment of hesitation tied up my head and kissed him. It was not like I had not kissed him before. We had been on three dates and on the last one we shared a brief one on the beach but this was different. Better.

After leaving a shocked Will behind my cabin I walked over to the Poseidon cabin practically jumping for joy.

I had no intentions of telling anyone about this, yet but I would still enjoy having a boyfriend. Or at least I intended to.