Grief

I know that this is not what actually happened but I wrote it so, I don't know just warning for maiger spoilers for the burning maze.

POV Piper

I was in a pool of my own tears for the fifth time this week. I never knew or expected it to be this bad. I had broken up with him just before all this after all. I shook my head, that fact made the pain worse not better.

I sat up in my bed when I heard the doorbell ring. I could not hear the sound all the way from the entrance hall of my house however, there was some sort of system in place that rang the bell in my room

I got up and headed downstairs to get the door once I checked that I knew the people at the door.

Even though I knew that my friends would be at the door courtesy of the cameras I was still slightly shocked.

"We came here as soon as we heard," Annabeth and Hazel said in unison.

"You ok Pipes?" Leo asked in a voice that reminded me how much Jason had meant to all of us, specifically Leo.

"Do you want or need us here?" Percy asked arms around his boyfriend.

Frank wasn't here but I understood. There still had to be someone to run Camp Jupiter.

"Yes, all of you can come in. Thanks so much for coming," I said, opening the door more so they could all pass in.

As soon as I shut the door I burst into tears again and I set everyone else off. Annabeth, Leo, and Hazel were hugging me and Percy stood awkwardly around all of us pulling us together.

It struck me as somewhat odd that I had never seen Percy cry before. It was almost the most conforming thing, him crying. It reminded me that I was not alone in this morning perod. That I was not the only person who lost someone important to them.

Everyone stayed with me for the next few days waiting for the funeral. The next few people to come were Thaila and Reyna. The day before the funeral Nico came, Will in accompaniment.

Then the day finally came. I did not know if it was one of the worst or most enlightening days of my life. It was relieving to both put the past behind me and accept it for what it was.

"Jason Grace was one of the strongest, bravest, and kindest people I ever knew," my voice shook as I said the words. "I loved him in so many ways I-I," the tears started to flow but I pushed through my speech. I talked about what I had gone through with the son of Jupiter and what had happened to him. I was the only person at the funeral who had been there. Seen him get speared in the back.

By the end of everything everyone was crying. After my speech Thalia went then, Reyna, Nico, and many other people.

Everything felt so raw, so right but so rong.

Six months ago I thought I would have married Jason Grace. One month ago I thought I would spend the rest of my life with him as a friend, and now, he is dead.

Eventually I got over his death. But that did not mean I forgot him. I never forgot the boy named Jason Grace who woke up next to me on a bus and had no idea who I was even though I was convinced that we had been dating.