A Day On The Beach

I am so sorry I thought I posted this yesterday. 

The waves lapped at my feet as I stood inches deep in the water. The cool breeze flung my hair behind me as I looked at the gorgeous black hair boy in front of me and what he was holding up.

POV Annabeth

"Hey Annie!" I heard a voice emerge from the darkness of my room.

"What is it?" I said, grumpy.

"I was wondering if you would like to go to the beach with me today?" my boyfriend asked.

"Do you mean like go to work with you or...?"
"No, I got a day off. I was wondering If you would like to have a beach day with me. You do have mondays off from your work on Olympus," he coxed.

"Fine," I said, letting out a deep breath as I did so.

"Ok, can you get ready? I have everything we should need besides clothes and a bathing suit for you."

After a thirty minute car ride we finally arrived at the beach. It was a very trankwile summer day and I was expecting there to be more people. To my surprise we were the only people on the beach.

"Did you set this up or something," I teased. "Make it so we were the only people on the beach."

He laughed nervously as if I had hit a little too close to home for his liking. I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. I came up with nothing for the first time in my life. I usually knew exactly What Percy was thinking but this time I could not.

"What are you thinking?"

"The famous Annabeth Chase doesn't know what I'm thinking?" Percy said using his famous sarcasm. "Something must be wrong. Are you broken or something?"

His smile as we continued to tease each other grew wider and wider, making me believe if we did not stop soon one of the most beautiful things I had ever seen would be too big for his face.

After a few more minutes of teasing and an unexpected (on my part) dip in the water I completely forgot about me not being able to read my boyfriend.

The hours at the beach flew by. We had some snacks that Percy had brought, swam and did countless other things. My favorite of which was probably our impromptu sparring match.

I got up from the water my boyfriend had just pushed me into, clothes sopping wet.

"Perseus Jackson!" I screamed after I had run up to our stuff and grabbed my dagger.

"Hey, ma-maybe we can work this out," he said, while simultaneously reaching for and uncapping Riptide.

"Yep," I told him in my happiest voice with a semi fake smile plastered on my face. "We can definitely work this out by a sparring match."

Percy ended up with only a few nicks and scrapes that the water ended up healing while I came out unscathed.

It was finally the end of the day and the sun was setting, making a beautiful sunset. I had decided to go change in one of the changing stalls and was just getting back.

I was wearing a long cover up/dress that grazzed the sand.

Seeing a figure in the surf I rushed over.

I was first able to make out his tanned body and black hair.

Then the fact that he was on one knee.

The waves lapped at my feet as I stood inches deep in the water. The cool breeze flung my hair behind me as I looked at the gorgeous black hair boy in front of me and what he was holding up.

My hands flew to my mouth as I gaped at my boyfriend Perseus Jackson on one knee right in front of me holding out a ring.

"Will you marry me?"