Chapter 66: If You're Weak, You're Right?

Hearing their conversation, Shen Xiyan wanted to turn around and leave.

But she couldn’t do that.

She slowed down and lifted the branches and leaves that were blocking her way.

What appeared in front of her was not the collapsed bamboo house she had imagined, but a house that was stable even in the storm!

One could still vaguely see the fire inside the bamboo house.

In this dark and restless night, it was exceptionally peaceful.

Shen Xiyan was stunned in front of the bamboo house, her mind full of the word ‘unfair’.

Why was Song Qingyou’s bamboo house fine, but her wooden house collapsed? How was she worse than Song Qingyou?

This must be Zhao Yingnan and Li Su’s problem!

Li Su was frightened by Shen Xiyan’s stare and hurriedly dragged her suitcase to knock on the door.

“Who is it?”

Yu Muhuai’s voice rang out.

The bamboo house fell silent.

“It’s me, Li Su.”

Li Su was a little nervous. “Our wooden house collapsed. Can you take us in for a night?”

Jiang Xuyan and Yu Muhuai both looked at Song Qingyou.

The latter gestured for Yu Muhuai to open the door.

The wind and rain dampened the door frame and swept into the room.

“I can take you in, but how much are you going to pay?” Song Qingyou asked.”

“This…” Li Su pursed his lips. “A thousand, okay? I’ll give it to you when we get back.”

“Muhuai, let Li Su come in.” Song Qingyou said.

Before she could finish her sentence, Shen Xiyan rushed over and grabbed Li Su’s arm.

“Why should we pay?”

“It’s raining so heavily outside. Isn’t it only right for you to provide some humane help? We’re already so miserable, and you’re still asking us for money at a time like this? Song Qingyou, how can you ask for such a thing?!”

Shen Xiyan complained hysterically, feeling wronged, tears streaming down her face.

Just then, another bolt of lightning flashed across the sky, and the white light illuminated her face that was covered by messy hair.

Not only was her face covered in specks of mud, but there were also two black tear stains under her eyes. The makeup that had been smeared made her look like a demon.

“Hiss-”

Li Su was so frightened that he shook off her hand in a panic and ran into the bamboo house with her suitcase.

Shen Xiyan was about to get angry when she heard Song Qingyou chuckle.

“Why do you sound like Lin Xing? Let me remind you again, this is Man vs. Wild! It’s just a little rain. Why did Miss Shen say it as if we are not willing to help you?”

“Could this be the legendary saying, ‘You are weak, you are in the right’? The house you built collapsed, so you can take advantage of others?”

Song Qingyou’s face turned cold. “There’s no such thing as a free lunch. Either you get drenched in the rain or you pay!”

[ Sister Qingyou is right. I refuse to be kidnapped by morals.]

[ There’s no reason to help for nothing.]