Chapter 98: The Surveillance Footage Has Been Lost

Zhou Jin’s words were too shocking.

“Q-Qingyou, how could you do such a thing?” Chen Lan blurted out.

As Song Qingyou’s manager, what she said was equivalent to confirming that Zhou Jin was telling the truth!

“Sis, are you alright?” Xu Mingrui was dumbfounded.

“Sister Lan, where’s your room card?” Song Qingyou looked at Chen Lan with a half-smile.

“Of course it’s in my bag…” Chen Lan said as she searched in her bag.

After a while, she raised her head in disbelief. “It’s gone? My spare room card is missing?!”

Then, she looked at the card in Zhou Jin’s hand. “Look carefully. Isn’t he holding my spare room card?”

“Sister Lan, how could you do such a thing?” Song Qingyou retorted with a fake smile.

Chen Lan was stunned for two seconds and felt guilty. “1… wasn’t 1 too anxious and said the wrong thing?”

“I swear I didn’t give the room card to anyone! Officer, I don’t know where this person got the room card. He either stole it or picked it up!”

Song Qingyou had her room card in her hand, which could basically rule out the theory that she gave the room card to Zhou Jin.

Zhou Jin made up his mind not to give in. “I’m not lying! Sister Qingyou gave me the room card!”

“Really?” Song Qingyou raised her eyebrows.

“Since you insist, let’s check the fingerprints on that card!”

“If I gave it to you, my fingerprints should be on it.”

Seeing Song Qingyou’s relaxed expression, Zhou Jin felt even more anxious.

“1 was wrong just now! This card was given to me by Manager Chen. 1 thought that if the manager gave it to me, it would be no different from Sister Qingyou giving it to me, so…”

Chen Lan was instantly enraged.

“What the f*ck are you talking about? Why would 1 give you the room card? 1 think you stole my things!”

“Police officer, arrest this thief!”

As long as Zhou Jin did not tell the truth, this matter would definitely continue to be investigated.

As the rest of the crew saw Song Qingyou and Chen Lan’s reactions, they all felt that Zhou Jin was the one with the problem.

Yu Muhuai suggested, “Do you want to take a look at the surveillance footage?”

“Sister Lan lost her room card. It should have happened near the hotel.”

“Yes!” Chen Lan nodded. “Let’s go check the surveillance cameras!”

The group went to the hotel’s surveillance room.

In the end, when they asked casually, they were told that the surveillance footage for the past few days had been lost.

“Then wouldn’t 1 be unable to clear my name even if I jumped into the Yellow River?”

“What’s wrong with your hotel?” Chen Lan glared at the room manager. “How could the surveillance footage be lost? Don’t you even have an explanation?”

“We will investigate the loss of the surveillance footage and will definitely give you a satisfactory answer…”

“Who wants to listen to this kind of official explanation?” Chen Lan was exasperated. “Who knows if you guys are colluding with that Zhou Jin!”