Chapter 169: Not Buying, No Money

On May 10th, the new books The Empress and City of Machinery were released.

Many people had become loyal readers of Qing Meng after reading Gate of the Tower.

As a result, Qing Meng’s new books attracted a lot of people to buy them.

Even The Empress had sold many copies.

However, there was a huge difference between the academic circle and the entertainment circle. Even though City ofMachinery was widely praised and the novel of the same name as the series, The Empress, was released, it did not bring much popularity to the TV series.

Shen Xiyan couldn’t help but laugh when she heard the news.

Fortunately, she was backstage preparing for an interview and was not seen by others.

“Song Qingyou is also helping to promote that book?”

Tao Mi nodded.

“Her plan is not bad, but it’s useless.”

Shen Xiyan sneered. “What screenwriter? What era is it now? The screenwriter is not important at all.”

“Since she’s a writer, she should just focus on writing her book. Why does she want to be a screenwriter? Do you really think that you can repeat the same reversal this time?”

Last time, she was careless and didn’t take Song Qingyou seriously.

She had spent so much money this time. There was no way Song Qingyou could turn the tables!

Tao Mi saw that her boss was happy and agreed with her.

After a while, a staff member informed Shen Xiyan to go on stage.

Shen Xiyan was participating in a talk show with high ratings.

As the host dared to ask any question, he was deeply loved by the audience.

At the beginning of the program, the host asked Shen Xiyan some basic questions as usual.

Then, the topic changed to Song Qingyou.

“After Man vs. Wild 3, the two IV series you filmed in succession seemed to be broadcast at the same time as Song Qingyou’s drama. The two of you are really fated.”

“I saw a lot of people on the internet saying that they’re looking forward to working with you two. Have you ever considered collaborating with Song Qingyou?”

At the mention of Song Qingyou, Shen Xiyan’s smile disappeared and her expression became a little reserved.

“I’ll listen to my manager, no matter who I work with. It depends on my manager’s arrangements.”

Although she said that, her expression clearly said, “Refuse to cooperate.”

The host liked to see the guests change their expressions, so he asked a few more questions about Song Qingyou.

Shen Xiyan’s expression became stiffer.

After the show aired, everyone would know that her relationship with Song Qingyou was terrible.

Just as she was about to lose control and ask the host to stop mentioning Song Qingyou, the director suddenly sent someone on stage and whispered something into the host’s ear.

Shen Xiyan’s heart skipped a beat and she felt a little uneasy.

The next second, she heard the host smile and ask, “There was news on the Internet that the viewership ratings and views of Chang1 an Elegance were fake. 1 want to know if this is true or not.”