Chapter 99: The Male Lead Ran Away

Those who were waiting for the truth were destined to be disappointed.

The next morning, the police and the hotel released a statement.

The police only issued the notice because Song Qingyou and the others were public figures, reminding everyone not to do anything illegal.

The hotel sincerely issued a lengthy apology statement, recounting the incident and saying that they would never receive Zhou Jin.

At the end of the statement, a surveillance video was attached.

Now that there was evidence, not many people were willing to believe the rumors of Song Qingyou meeting a young hunk in the middle of the night.

Before the popularity died down, Su Rong quickly used Yu Muhuai’s phone to post on Weibo.

While declaring that Yu Muhuai and Song Qingyou had no ambiguous relationship, she also mentioned Jiang Xuyan, who had already confirmed his intention to cooperate.

Jiang Xuyan and Yu Muhuai had both met Song Qingyou on the same show.

Now that both of them were working with Song Qingyou, it wasn’t appropriate to just say that Yu Muhuai and Song Qingyou had an ambiguous relationship.

Su Rong had just sent the message when Yu Muhuai came back from filming. “Why did Sister Su take my phone?” Yu Muhuai’s face darkened for a moment. “To post on Weibo.” Su Rong put down his phone. “There are too many people discussing you and Song Qingyou. You have to make a statement.”

Yu Muhuai tightened his grip on the cup in his hand. “It’s not too late to talk about it after this drama is finished.”

“The feelings of the fans are the most important.” Su Rong shook her head.

Yu Muhuai had just started showing signs of becoming popular. It would be stupid to create a scandal at this time.

The two of them seemed to speak calmly, but in fact, they had a huge disagreement.

“What are you guys talking about?” Song Qingyou asked.

Su Rong wanted to ask Song Qingyou what she thought about the love line. “Nothing,” Yu Muhuai answered first.

“I don’t think I saw Zhou Jin today. Doesn’t he have a scene to shoot today?”

Song Qingyou frowned. “Director Xu has already sent people to look for him. He hasn’t returned yet. What is he doing?”

Because Zhou Jin was the male lead, he had more scenes.

So, last night’s matter was considered settled privately.

Yu Muhuai guessed, “It’s such a big scandal. Maybe he couldn’t take it…” “Jumped off a building?” Song Qingyou asked.

Before she could finish her sentence, Xu Mingrui walked over. “Sis, let’s shoot your scene with Muhuai first today.”

“You still haven’t found him?”

“There’s no need to look for him. He’s long gone!”

Xu Mingrui’s expression was ugly. “I’m already contacting other actors. All the scenes of the male lead may have to be re-shot.”

Song Qingyou narrowed her eyes: “He is just a rookie. How could he get funds to pay for the liquidated damages for breach of contract?”

“Qiu Yu gave it to me. It was her manager who contacted me just now. She even said that Zhou Jin went to film ‘Time’.”

“Time” was the big-budget tribute drama that Qiu Yu had participated in. “What’s he going to act in that drama?” Yu Muhuai asked curiously.

Xu Mingrui shook his head. “I’m not sure.”