Chapter 103: Coaxing a Child

On the fifth day, the viewership ratings for the National Day TV series would be announced.

Early in the morning, many people were waiting for this year’s National Day TV Series Rankings to see if there would be any dark horses.

At nine o’clock in the morning, the rankings were released on time.

Us, 4.3%.

Time, 3.8%.

Elegy of the Rose, 1.2%.

The Immortal Demon, 0.08%.

Such a ranking was not surprising at all.

“As expected, ’Us’ is ranked first. The viewership ratings have already broken 4%! The number of online views will definitely be even higher!”

“Shen Xiyan has been too fierce these past few years. If she shoots two more movies, she will be a top celebrity, right? Maybe she can enter the top ten of the influential rankings this year!”

“‘Time’ isn’t bad either. 1 didn’t expect Director Wang to also film a tribute drama. Amazing!”

“The other TV series’ viewership ratings have broken 1% already. ‘The Immortal Demon’ is too lame. How rubbish is this…”

“I saw the Elegy of the Rose…The plot is messy, the actors’ expressions are stiff, and The Immortal Demon is probably even worse than this!”

“Song Qingyou, stop acting. Isn’t it good to be a variety show star?”

Just by looking at the data, The Immortal Demon was an out-and-out lousy series.

Most people who paid attention to data would not click on it.

When the viewership ratings were released, Time’s production team was being interviewed.

“The viewership ratings for the National Day TV series were released just now. Time is ranked second. Director Wang, do you have anything to say?”

“It’s within my expectations to be ranked second because ‘Us’ is a very outstanding TV series. I’ve been following this series for the past two days, so it’s only within my expectations that it will lose to this series.”

“What do you think about the last place?” the reporter asked. “The Immortal Demon?”

Director Wang smiled meaningfully.

“I don’t have any opinions. I haven’t watched this drama yet, so I won’t express any opinions. However, I want to say that not just anyone can be a director. Xiao Xu is still young, so it’s time for him to study hard in school!”

He didn’t even address Xu Mingrui as director. Anyone could hear the disdain in his voice.

After the reporter asked the director, he immediately looked at Qiu Yu.

“You’ve interacted with Song Qingyou a lot on Weibo, and the two of you work in the same company, so you must be very familiar with her. What do you think of The Immortal Demon?”

“I can’t say that I’m familiar with her.” Qiu Yu smiled.

“But Zhou Jin told me that Song Qingyou has the final say in the production of ‘The Immortal Demon*. 1 don’t think that’s a good idea. No matter what, the director is the one who makes the movie. We should listen to the director more.”

“Actors should focus on acting. Don’t do too many unnecessary things. It’s not good to be too confident in yourself.”

Compared to Director Wang and Qiu Yu’s beating around the bush, Zhou Jin’s words in the interview were direct and harsh.